Country Flag
scotland
Just a wee job I got in at the weekend to modify
IMG_0584_zpseed472a0.jpg
IMG_0585_zps02220bcb.jpg

u like

Like! Try hiding that behind a stock bumper! :laughing-rolling:

So when are you getting one of these Chris? :icon-wink:

That IS mine. Pete's just just spraying the rest of it blue for me.

What's the modification you're doing Pete, fitting a plasma rope. :lol:

im making an anchor that fits on the rear of the tractor -that can lift up clear of the ground and can fold up to give max ground clearance ,the anchor will be like two six foot high spades that can be hydraulic controlled up and down and tilted -they get lowered into the ground and tilted forward then pulled by the tractor till secured around five feet into the ground -then when the winch is in use the tractor hopefully stays put I will add some more pics soon :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats not really a tractor with a winch on it. Its a winch with a tractor on it.

The big question is ... what does it winch?

I saw a Muir Hill just like that about 15 years ago. It winched a 5 ton digger out of a peat bog here. The digger had sank into the bog with only 18 inches of the machine visible.

The crew arrived with the winch tractor and two cement mixer bottles from concrete trucks welded together as a float. Up and over the top, and slowly, the digger came out. No pics I'm afraid

The big question is ... what does it winch?

it is part of a cable laying team -altogether there is the winch tractor,two 20 ton excavators,one 300horsepower tractor with a sledge carrying ten ton of cable, two cat d6 bulldozers with widespread tracks (each is 1.2m wide ) and about 8 men- the winch and diggers are the exploration and rescue team for when things sink/get stuck

Back