Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

I lived in the box room of a 'Bed Sit' for four years, granted it was only on the second floor and I only had to share the bathroom with 5 other strangers, I had to pay extra for heating, so I didn't have it as bad as you.

I was a rebellious anti establishment 19 year old at the time, I only thought of one thing, I didn't have enough blood to run my brain and my cock at the same time, so, the last thing I wanted to do was stay in, I agree with you, I would have had a very different attitude towards 'lockdown'. But if I were told by a higher more knowledgeable authority that there was somthing outside my door that was just waiting to kill me, or it might just play 'Russian Roulette' with me, just to tease me, then my attitude would have been very different, I can assure you.

We are all in this together rich or poor left or right or on the fence, there are always going to be winners and loosers, you just have to hope your not a looser, and you can limit becoming a looser by following the rules, the rules are there to be followed, if not there will be anarchy on the streets and a lot, a lot more dead, you are dead for a very long time, the more that follow the rules the sooner this will be over, then the blame game can really start.
Very true.
Sounds like you were a bit of an anarchist in your day. Anarchy in the UK spring to mind ?

But if I were told by a higher more knowledgeable authority that there was somthing outside my door that was just waiting to kill me, or it might just play 'Russian Roulette' with me, just to tease me, then my attitude would have been very different, I can assure you

What if you were i a kebab shop at 3am and the higher authority was your sister saying there's a gang outside waiting to beat f*** out of you ?

The look of bewilderment on the guy behind the counters face when i calmly returned his machete and asked for tomato sauce on my cheeseburger still makes me laugh when i think on it . The gang ran away for some reason :confusion-shrug:

What if you were i a kebab shop at 3am and the higher authority was your sister saying there's a gang outside waiting to beat f*** out of you ?

The look of bewilderment on the guy behind the counters face when i calmly returned his machete and asked for tomato sauce on my cheeseburger still makes me laugh when i think on it . The gang ran away for some reason :confusion-shrug:
Did you go tooled up to cut your cheese burger ?

I would not have been in the Kebab Shop at 3am, I would have been at home bonking because of lockdown, my sister is a Black Belt and very, very intelligent (far more than me) if She were in a Kebab shop at 3 in the morning then she would have worked out an exit strategy well in advance.

Far worse viruses in Kebab shops at 3am, at any time in history.

Up there for thinking, down ther for dancing. :smile:

It was his the counter was about 5ft high , clubs all shut at 2am so about 3000 drunks on prom all looking for food or trouble and i was quick to fight in them days if my sister was 16 i was 17 and very fit from work so on hearing the threat and seeing about 20 of them gathered outside i was up on the counter grabbed the knife and out the door screaming come on then in about a second flat . Crazy memories no police or anything involved i was tired i just wanted to go home with my burger :lol:

Ironically the skipper of my boat now lives right next door to that same kebab shop .

so once you've finished with the ad honenim attacks you make a strawman attack? your'e really not very good at this debate thing are you.
If you dont't know the difference between authoritarian Marxist Leninist communism & anarchy i can only think that it's wilful ignorance or that you can't grasp a simple concept.
As for Pol Pot you've got me there i must admit i didn't know that the USA was Anarchist in the 70s
"The U.S. permitted Thailand to allow the Khmer Rouge to use bases in Thailand to wage a war of insurrection against the government in Phnom Penh that had been installed by Vietnam.[20] Elizabeth Becker reported that U.S. National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski claimed that he "concocted the idea of persuading Thailand to cooperate fully with China to in efforts to rebuild the Khmer Rouge."
"Singaporean diplomat Bilahari Kausikan, recalled: "ASEAN wanted elections but the U.S. supported the return of a genocidal regime"
And there's more if you care to look , well documented from reliable sources .
Calling for a Police crackdown on confinement breakers isn't politics is it? You and Mark W are quite happy to air your views here as long as nobody challenges them but if I decide to voice my opinion you try to shut down the debate with calls for an end to political discussions or ad homenim/strawman attacks.
f98b143a82cb0649b84314cfd66beaaf.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would not have been in the Kebab Shop at 3am, I would have been at home bonking because of lockdown, my sister is a Black Belt and very, very intelligent (far more than me) if She were in a Kebab shop at 3 in the morning then she would have worked out an exit strategy well in advance.

Far worse viruses in Kebab shops at 3am, at any time in history.

Up there for thinking, down ther for dancing. :smile:
I would have a strategy worked out to, - straight out the back door . I can't stand the sight of claret, especially my own !!

so once you've finished with the ad honenim attacks you make a strawman attack? your'e really not very good at this debate thing are you.
If you dont't know the difference between authoritarian Marxist Leninist communism & anarchy i can only think that it's wilful ignorance or that you can't grasp a simple concept.
As for Pol Pot you've got me there i must admit i didn't know that the USA was Anarchist in the 70s
"The U.S. permitted Thailand to allow the Khmer Rouge to use bases in Thailand to wage a war of insurrection against the government in Phnom Penh that had been installed by Vietnam.[20] Elizabeth Becker reported that U.S. National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski claimed that he "concocted the idea of persuading Thailand to cooperate fully with China to in efforts to rebuild the Khmer Rouge."
"Singaporean diplomat Bilahari Kausikan, recalled: "ASEAN wanted elections but the U.S. supported the return of a genocidal regime"
And there's more if you care to look , well documented from reliable sources .
Calling for a Police crackdown on confinement breakers isn't politics is it? You and Mark W are quite happy to air your views here as long as nobody challenges them but if I decide to voice my opinion you try to shut down the debate with calls for an end to political discussions or ad homenim/strawman attacks.
My wise old Mamma always told me to,
d5607b548b94d49f75b233f7ff55d500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true.
Sounds like you were a bit of an anarchist in your day. Anarchy in the UK spring to mind ?
Anarchy, I invented the word back in the 60's mostly on Brighton Sea Front, and mostly on the Rockers. Then I saw the light and became a Conservative supporter :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Anarchy, I invented the word back in the 60's mostly on Brighton Sea Front, and mostly on the Rockers. Then I saw the light and became a Conservative supporter :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
I was there loads of times then. Quadraphenia was spot on. Did a few at Margate as well.
They say if you can remember the sixties you wasn't there, - only if you were on the magic mushrooms and others. More propaganda !

I was there loads of times then. Quadraphenia was spot on. Did a few at Margate as well.
They say if you can remember the sixties you wasn't there, - only if you were on the magic mushrooms and others. More propaganda !
Ah, Margate I remember it well, I think, what about the Isle of Sheppey, Sheerness and Leysdown, I lived in Rainham, the Meadway towns, went to Secondary school in Gillingham, long before the Chinese invented Covid-19, plenty Chinky take a ways where you could catch all manor of viruses, just not CV, dam it, could never catch a break.

Social distancing saves lives
and we need more government repression to enforce it , but minimum safety standards in the workplace are not enforced.
No sign of any police action against any employers.
Human rights mean not having to risk your life at work unnecessarily.
Never argue with someone who believes their own lies ? and this from someone who thinks Pol Pot & the Khmer Rouge were anarchists ? you're on the way to becoming famous on the internet but not for reasons that you would like.

Social distancing saves lives
and we need more government repression to enforce it , but minimum safety standards in the workplace are not enforced.
No sign of any police action against any employers.
Human rights mean not having to risk your life at work unnecessarily.
Never argue with someone who believes their own lies ? and this from someone who thinks Pol Pot & the Khmer Rouge were anarchists ? you're on the way to becoming famous on the internet but not for reasons that you would like.
Goodoldboy said "you're on the way to becoming famous on the internet but not for reasons that you would like".

Matey, I'm already famous on the interweb, for showing you up for the false prophet you are, I like the fact you read my posts, can you point out where I'm famous on interweb, and tell me the reasons that I would not like, or is that just a veiled threat, come on your always motor mouthing back up your statements. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back