Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

the old 3" exhaust debate..

My truck is diesel so there are no sensors in the exhaust.
The 1HDT motor has no electronics unlike the 1HD-FT motor.
Best way to get a look at one of these exhausts is to google it. I am in Fiji at the moment doing disaster relief repairing the electricity network and don't have any pictures on my phone if the exhaust system.

Hedley Berge

Good luck with the relief work Hedley, my sis in law has been in Fiji for the last 12 months, Winston has devastated the place, as you know.

My truck is diesel so there are no sensors in the exhaust.
The 1HDT motor has no electronics unlike the 1HD-FT motor...
The 1hd-ft is also an electronics free motor. There are some censors for the fuel pump, but this is very far away from the 'electronics' in the 1hd-fte for example or any other toyota diesel motor with "E" suffix.

My system (petrol motor) is 2.25" down pipes over 1.75" stock, not a full header as the extra cost wasn't worth the small gain, free flow cat converters and 2.5" pipework after the cats. 1 free flow silencer and side exit.
3" wouldn't have given me any real gains

The 1hd-ft is also an electronics free motor. There are some censors for the fuel pump, but this is very far away from the 'electronics' in the 1hd-fte for example or any other toyota diesel motor with "E" suffix.

I think the electronics and pump sensors on the 1HD-FT are for the EGT system which many people remove anyway, me included. The actual fuelling is all mechanically controlled, thank goodness!!

My truck is the factory turbo and also benefits from a front mounted Safari intercooler, wound up main fuel and a slight increase in boost.
The red over post light just flickers sometimes so about 14 psi. Just had the injectors rebuilt 2 due before coming to Fiji so when I get back I will be interested to see if there is any improvement in economy.

Hedley Berge

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Made mine out of 60ml pipe bought flanges of eBay which are cheap 2 pieces of straight pipe and 2 90 bends I left the front box on and took the rest off as I didn't want it too noisy and annoying on the road which works great for me but when you open it up it sounds awesome definitely turns heads , also put it through the rear quarter panel then it's out of arms way cost me less than £60 to do.

Back