Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

Just one note there
The referendum wasn’t legally binding, but there’s plenty of scope for argument about whether politicians should feel obliged to implement the result anyway.
Pardon,The rest of the world. Thought it was.

It never has been legally binding, it was only advisory and people like Mr Rees-Mogg have personally profited since it https://www.channel4.com/press/news...e-earnt-ps7m-investments-referendum-according . I cant believe anyone can argue.that giving power to the political elite in the UK is taking back control. Jesus all I can say is the way we have handled Brexit shows up the polictal divides and makes me sad to be British.

Interesting to see former Revolutionary Communist Party members now being selected as prospective BXP candidates. I suspect that much like leave voters, those looking forward to a "reset" for politics have very different ideas of what the details of a good outcome look like.

Seeing a hard Brexit as a so called reset or clean break is a ludicrously simplistic view of what will happen.Regardless of the economic fallout European nations g have suffered decades of insults & ridicule from our press & sections of the ruling class.The EU is vital to the economic interests of most of the members & this means that they will make sure that a hard Brexit will be as painful as possible for the UK.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting to see former Revolutionary Communist Party members now being selected as prospective BXP candidates. I suspect that much like leave voters, those looking forward to a "reset" for politics have very different ideas of what the details of a good outcome look like.
NZ was hurt when an idiot UK prime minister changed the UK from its
Leadership role in the Commonwealth to being a vassal state of the EU.
The countries that the UK and its Commonwealth Allies had saved from their war wounds and helped rebuild are now dictating to you.Don’t you think the UK has done enough to help them?

Seems to me Boris was making a much better job of negotiations than May. BY making it clear he was willing to leave without a deal he has made the EU sit up and take notice. May completely, and stupidly, scuppered her negotiations by giving away her personal limit, you never do that in a negotiation, it's an amateur mistake. What you have to do is persuade the other party you are prepared to just walk away if they won't negotiate.
Unfortunately all the recent shenanigans has undermined that position and now the EU think they have us by the short and curlies again. Boris is right when he says it's undermining his negotiation.
They have to believe we are willing to leave without a deal, even if really we aren't.

I'm legally obliged to ask for an extension so would you mind very much if i hang about until i've raped your daughter burned your house down and stole your car pleeeeaaaaase :D

For the last 2 years all we’ve heard is delay, extension, delay, extension. Call Boris and his ideals what you will but at least he has balls and he’s prepared to put them on the block unlike all the lilley livered wannabes trying to scupper his efforts who haven’t got a pair between them. They should all resign as MPs, stop taking the salary and crawl back under whatever stone they came from. Small wonder the general population on both sides of the argument are sick to death of it all. It’s an absolute disgrace.

We can but hope, personally whatever your stance on this is, going against the law and parliament sets a very interesting president. Personally I don't think I need to pay taxes so I'll just no do it, I mean if the prime minister is above the law, then I can be (see the issues with him just not following the rule of law).

For the last 2 years all we’ve heard is delay, extension, delay, extension. Call Boris and his ideals what you will but at least he has balls and he’s prepared to put them on the block unlike all the lilley livered wannabes trying to scupper his efforts who haven’t got a pair between them. They should all resign as MPs, stop taking the salary and crawl back under whatever stone they came from. Small wonder the general population on both sides of the argument are sick to death of it all. It’s an absolute disgrace.
:text-+1:

We can but hope, personally whatever your stance on this is, going against the law and parliament sets a very interesting president. Personally I don't think I need to pay taxes so I'll just no do it, I mean if the prime minister is above the law, then I can be (see the issues with him just not following the rule of law).
Here’s the news, most MPs do appear to think they are above the law (including fiddling their taxes).
They are also supposed to uphold the will of the people but his support in the commons is rather different to what the polls suggest his support is with the electorate.

An MP has a duty of allegiance to the monarch. Nothing else.

At best they have a duty to the will of their constituents, certainly not the people across the whole country. But there are 173 MPs who were elected with less than 50% of the vote in their constituency, so at best I think they have a duty to those who elected them. And that duty is based on the manifesto of the party they represent. Although no MP is bound to agree with every element of their party's manifesto.

The Conservative party MPs were elected on a manifesto that said "only ... Theresa May's strong and stable leadership can negotiate the best possible deal for our country." So it's down to individual MPs who were elected on that claim to support Theresa May in delivering what they believe is the best deal for the people who voted for them, and with an eye on future elections, hopefully the rest of their constituency.

There was a promise by a government in 2016 to implement the result of the referendum, but that government is gone. And subsequent governments are never bound by the promises of previous governments. Lots of governments don't deliver on their promises.

I think the mistake made was implementing article 50 under pressure from a small block of hard-line Tories, rather than have a proper think about what was needed post EU.

Stop Brexit now and they may as well disolve parliament , government and law permanently .

There is no option to maintain the status quo so its a choice between national democracy or accept totalitarian rule by a foriegn power .

Last edited:
Or accept a totalitarian rule from a small number of the conservative party?

To get us out - HELL YES !

The last time the British gov were this messed up over 70 million people died as a result of righteous muppets blinded by their superior intellect burying thier head in the sand and saying oh no Hitler wouldn't do that its ungentlemanly .

And get is into another HELL ruled by a set of multimillionaires with the best for their business behind every decision.

Wait you're comparing the EU to Hitler?

Back