Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The price of fuel.

BlackBetty

Country Flag
south_africa
This moring I was watching the SKY NEWS report over the cost of fuel in the UK and I was shocked to see that the average cost of fuel now exceeds the cost of groceries. Taken into accoutn that this is a average size family car and not the true machines that we all love own and cherish. This led me to look a bit further to see where the UK sat on a global scale of fuel prices and I have found the below.

Country Price per litre (£) Percentage of monthly income spent on petrol*
1. Norway 1.64 7.4%
2. Turkey 1.62 34.2%
3. Netherlands 1.48 10%
4. Italy 1.46 15.5%
5. Greece 1.45 25.4%
6. Denmark 1.43 8.1%
7. UK 1.42 10.3%
8. Sweden 1.41 7.7%
9. Eritrea 1.41 61.1%
10. Belgium 1.4 8.7%

Now all this information just further strenghtens my arguement that the British goverment is robbing the average man on the street. This is also the prime reason why I have choosen to become and expat and live and work in a country that may have strict rules but at least the cost of fuel is of an acceptable level and allows one to enjoy your vehicle the way it is supposed to be. This morning I filled the landcruiser up with 120ltr of fuel (petrol) and it cost me all of GBP 9.00. Sorry guys that this may seem a bit of a boast but the reality is just to highlight the fact that the goverment is robbing you blind and they dont even have the decency to wear a mask when they do it.

Thats my rant over with.

Apologies if I may have offended anyone.

Its ok i dont see you boasting, like you say your just showing us how much we are being robbed, i dont think it will be long before the people take a stand. i run a company with two transit vans and obviously my landcruiser so when i pull up at the petrol station i dont even need lube anymore :lol:

Joe

You say 'strict rules' BB but I think I'm happier to live in a country where my wife can drive herself to work and spend a couple of quid to fill my car.

Off that list the only countries I would consider living in I couldn't afford to buy a landcruiser and the taxation levels are far, far higher than the UK. I'm not offended but I genuinely can't think of a country I'd rather live in (I'd be living there now if there was a better one ;) ) So I pay more for fuel than someone living in Saudi, I can live with that.

I'd far rather pay less for fuel but that's what elections are for :D

The percentage of monthly income spent of fuel is the more informative figure I think - spare a thought for the poor sods in Turkey coughing up a third of their income on fuel :o

To a large extent buying fuel is almost the same as buying food. You can eat Wagyu beef or tesco baked beans but you gotta eat. Same goes with fuel if you have/need a car - drive a cruiser or an IQ, both need fuel. So you chose based on what you need and what you can afford. Some guys like spending their money on lapdancing and the ponies - I'm happy to keep chucking diesel in my 80. I guess there's a price of fuel at which I'd throw my hands up and say no more.

What really gets my goat is the amount of tax that these high fuel prices generate for the government and my concern that the money is being spent poorly :evil: If the government spent money a bit more sensibly, then we probably wouldn't need the flipping high taxes in the 1st place and the fuel price (or income tax or VAT) would be a bit lower.

My advice is to empower yourself by converting your vehicles to run of Veg oil. Stop giving your wealth away to the corrupt government who are really just puppets to the elite criminals who hide behind corporations and control all Governments. This is fantastic and the savings are huge. I run my vehicle on this and it runs better than the diesel.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Graham said:
Where are you BB ?

Gra.

Anywhere that fuel is 7.5p per litre would probably be in the Middle East...

fuel price here bounce like a heart beat. the tax our government charges is rediculious considering the fuel tax is supposed to improved the infrastructor but the tax goes into a huge black pot and used for what ever the government decides to use it for. no rhyme or reason behind the decisions.
the difference between your country and mine? yours might just retaliate, mine is filled with sheeple.
i can think of a few countries i would rather live in.

my wife drives 500 km per week to and from work. She did drive a RVR for a few years at 10L/100km which i thought was respectable for here. Now she drives a Yaris in the summer months at 6L/100 km. All that accomplished was the rape doesn't hurt as often.

How come governments have to abuse the people so much?

chadr said:
Graham said:
Where are you BB ?

Gra.

Anywhere that fuel is 7.5p per litre would probably be in the Middle East...

In Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

A list of the cheapest fuel around the world,

TOP TEN CHEAPEST PETROL PRICES WORLDWIDE Position
Country - City - Average price per litre
1 Venezuela - Caracas - 2/3p
2 Saudi Arabia - Riyadh - 7,5p
3 Libya - Tripoli - 9p
4 Turkmenistan - Ashgabat - 12p
5 Bahrain - Manama - 13p
6 Kuwait - Kuwait City - 14p
7 Qatar - Doha - 15p
8 Egypt - Cairo - 19p
9 Oman - Muscat - 20p
10 Algeria - Algiers - 20p

Assumetheposition.jpg

Another one :lol:

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 224
Hi BB,

No disrespect, but I think I would be prepared to pay more than 7,5 pence a liter, and not live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Sorry if this offends you, but I have recently had my "fill" of Muslim people, and the further i can stay away from them the better.

Gra.

Back