Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The trip to Clives House

Great write up and pics Moggy... Romania is one place I have to go to. My missus teaches Romanian kids. She says they all miss the mountains and the rivers and the bears.. I don't think their Parents realise how much their kids miss home, When they up sticks and come to the UK for a better life. (supposed!)
I would definitely recommend September or early Oct, the colours of the trees are just incredible

I could have listened to him for hours, despite not understanding a word!!
He has ‘presence’, I too could listen to him speak all day. I feel privileged to have met him. He reminds me a little of my grandfather who was involved in the first hovercraft project and made nearly 102. I wouldn’t bet against Aurel making the same age.

Some cracking shots there Andy. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more of your trip.

I’d love to be there this time of year. Romania is quite beautiful, but looks so much more so dressed in Autumn colours.

Last edited:
Can't even explain how jealous we are, a year off and a trip to Clives! The off roading is awesome and you can't beat Clive and auras hospitality. Have fun and enjoy (sounds impossible not too really)

Can't even explain how jealous we are, a year off and a trip to Clives! The off roading is awesome and you can't beat Clive and auras hospitality. Have fun and enjoy (sounds impossible not too really)
Not quite a year off, I have to do some work to pay for it. great opportunity all the same. We worked out that not paying rent, council tax bills etc would save £2500 a month, that means, without a house, I need to earn £1500 a month, which I can do by popping back occasionally and banging out 1-2 weeks of serious hours. I’m fortunate that I have a job I can dip in and out of.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The more I see of Romania on here, the higher it creeps towards the top of my list of places to visit.

Full of respect for what you’re doing and hoping to do something similar one day.

Wow looks great, you’ll be loading up Clive’s inbox looking for invites now :grinning:

The more I see of Romania on here, the higher it creeps towards the top of my list of places to visit.

Full of respect for what you’re doing and hoping to do something similar one day.

:text-+1: It must be an amazing experience to just assign a year to traveling, and deciding which way to go when you wake up next morning :thumbup:

In the meantime Jacob, how about doing a trial run to our place? Like I’ve said before, it will have to be in August because of daughter Ana’s school holidays, and it’s a bit of a trek here from the UK, but it’s another way to meet some members and we always seem to have fun... :thumbup:

All on the forum are welcome, and I’ll be starting a 2019 thread before too long, so check out your calendar... :lol: :thumbup:

:text-+1: It must be an amazing experience to just assign a year to traveling, and deciding which way to go when you wake up next morning :thumbup:

In the meantime Jacob, how about doing a trial run to our place? Like I’ve said before, it will have to be in August because of daughter Ana’s school holidays, and it’s a bit of a trek here from the UK, but it’s another way to meet some members and we always seem to have fun... :thumbup:

All on the forum are welcome, and I’ll be starting a 2019 thread before too long, so check out your calendar... :lol: :thumbup:

That would be absolutely fantastic. Will keep a very close eye on this and hopefully see you next year.

Moggy sounds like a brilliant trip. What’s your overall route over the year?
I am sure we will all be “travelling” with you while we do our jobs and dream a little.
And agree that Romania definitely on the list
Good luck

Moggy sounds like a brilliant trip. What’s your overall route over the year?
I am sure we will all be “travelling” with you while we do our jobs and dream a little.
And agree that Romania definitely on the list
Good luck
The compete absence of funding for this trip means returning to the UK occasionally, so when we have finished this segment in a week or so, I will return to the UK to get some work done. Issues that have become apparent with the vehicle on this trip will mean some very hefty repair bills before we can go on to the next leg.
The family will be going to Natallias mums in Belarus for a month, we then all meet up for a house sit in the UK in December through to Jan. In feb we plan to go to Morrocco for a couple of months, so the vehicle has to be fixed by then. Then back to the UK again for another month to earn some chas, hopefully with another house sit, then we are hoping to head for Georgia.

So the latest news is a bit of a disaster in Ukraine, involving Hospitals and the Police, more details later!

Back