Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The trouble with Toyota is ....

Trevor

Country Flag
england
They give you so much confidence. I went to my local Pay and Play today with my 70, fairly dry and off I go and play, I had Mrs Trev with me and after my new found confidence from Lincomb I started playing.

Started off with the easy stuff to get the buy in from Mrs Trev, all went well so I upped the anti and the 70 took it all in it's stride. Confidence growing and then I attempted a short climb, Mrs Trev shouted and left the truck, I had 2 more goes and made it....... But I had not looked at the obstacle before trying it and when cresting the climb, found it went nowhere and faceplanted the truck into the dirt.

Bent all 3 steering rods and now have limited steering ability, the trip home was fun I can tell you.

These bloody Toyotas are just too damn good, I went with the euphoria and false bravado and broke it. Lesson learnt, look before you crash but do it with a smile.

Still had a brill day and Mrs Trev managed a few cheeky moves herself, driving that is.

So off to Karls store of goodies I think.

Ah, yes, looking before leaping always comes in handy. Sorry to hear you suffered damage. Out of interest, did you select reverse gear, to use the engine braking to lower you back down the hill after your failed hill climb?

I only ask as I know your new to this. I was the guy who spotted for you at a few of the punches at Lincomb, (the muddy ditch, and the one down the river bank), and I remember you saying that you were fairly new to all this.

1st one I missed the gear, it's a pig of a gear box when rushing it. 2nd one I didn't bother as it was such a short climb and dry I just rolled and hit the brakes at the bottom.

Not textbook I know, was annoyed with my cock up more than anything. At least it's not an expensive fix and another lesson learnt or two. Maybe my timid days need to return :oops:

Cool. I just wanted to check, as it'll come in very handy on the larger decents.
Trevor said:
Maybe my timid days need to return :oops:
It might save you some money :o :shifty: :shh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back