Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Way Overland - YouTube

They're also on Instagram and Facebook. Amazing photos as they've been travelling through Oz. They're headed for the UK so going to be interesting watching their expedition.

Good for them

Yeah I saw that this morning. Really feel for these guys they were great travellers with a really cool channel. I hope they get out soon. What a shitty way to end a bloody amazing trip.

I have been wondering where they had disappeared to, bad times I would say

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nothing really new on there GoK. Just an Australian news reporting what we already know with a few cameo's from ex Iranian 'hostage' prisoners. Plus some sickening comments on the facebook page from idiots with nothing better to do than troll.

I constantly think about these 2. Its so easy to slip up and things go bad quickly. I hope they are freed soon, but honestly think they could be there for a long time.

Well if this is true, then it’s the best news ever...

What surprises me, is that flying a drone near a military installation, is asking for trouble in any country, middle-east or otherwise.

My hope is that this incident will be a lesson for all travelers to take more care when in foreign territory.

Us westerners have been spoilt, where almost unfettered freedom to do whatever we want is considered to be the norm. Well the truth is, it’s not the norm in many countries, and the sooner we recognize that when traveling, the better.

They’ve had a lucky escape, and I wish them all the best. Maybe they can even pick up where they left off and continue on their travels. :thumbup:

Yep really good news.

I agree @clivehorridge it is a good lesson for all travellers. I suspect that they didn't know there was a military base there. From watching the videos they do seem like pretty savvy travellers so I doubt they would do it knowingly.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on this as we will be entering Iran as Aussies in the next few months. I’m glad they are as it gives us a little reassurance about entering and never leaving again.

Hear this on the radio this morning, good news indeed.

Back