Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The wrong car

Very Good trucks those G wagons, would deffo have one if it weren't for landcruisers. Tom Sheppard drives one so thats quite an endorsement.

There is a couple who have been driving an HJ60 round the world since 1984, although the truck seems to have suffered a bit more than Gunthers, mostly due to their tendency to rust rather more than the merc.

Last edited:
What a character, a very enjoyable read, I only hope I can keep going as long as him, maybe not quite so many miles though, I started later than he did.

G-Wagen prices have soared in recent years - mostly due to the "new" (read pretty much cosmetically unchanged) versions coming back into vogue with the rich and famous with models such as the G63 which are pretty exclusive - all (hand) built to order etc. (I would love one of those!!!) and stories such as Otto's

The older cars can be "facelifted" to look like current models for a reasonable sum, which makes them quite attractive to the wannabe crowd.

I personally had the chance to buy a pristine '93 5dr G300 for £3k around 2002 but passed on the opportunity because fast saloon cars was my thing back then. That would be worth triple that now, at least. :whistle:

I have read about this G wagons adventures, several times and it always inspires!

I have read about this G wagons adventures, several times and it always inspires!

Read this again (3rd time) and at each time of reading find a bit more in the story. Amazing.

Would make a good movie if not done by an American :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back