Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking of new boots

Malcee

Im running 31x10.50 15 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A's on the front and Enduro A/T Runway's on the back, the the tyres were on the truck when I got her 5 years ago but getting a bit worn and shabby.

I was just wondering how big I could go on the 15" steel rims and what the advantages/ disadvantages would be, remembering that she spends most of her time as my every day road car.

Staying with BFG AT's is always a good bet,well mannered,long lasting and look fairly cool! I have run a set of General Grabber at2's on another vehicle recently and found them to be a little more 'refined', and cheaper! As for size,I've no real idea,I assume you're sticking with the same rims so that does limit your choice a little bit. Tbh going bigger does often look good but can also bring a whole new set of problems if you're not careful!

I wouldn't go bigger than 31's. I tried 255/85/16's on a run to the last Lincomb meeting. It was overgeared and didn't have the power to pull the extra gearing. If you go bigger you can fit auto diffs 4.1:1 to compensate. If your budget stretches I would go BFG A/T every time, even part worn can offer good value.

Picture023.jpg
This is one I had in a former life!!

Andy

Back