Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking of selling. What would I get for it?

Paul_Driver

Country Flag
uk
It's a long time since I've posted, so hello everyone.

I'm thinking of selling my expedition prepped 80 and was hoping to get an idea of what it's worth. I hope it's okay to post here, but please let me know if not.

It is an L reg and has about 215k on the clock and does need some TLC. Currently offload, with no MOT because of rust behind rear wheel arches and near the forward body mount. I'm told that it's repairable, but that access at the rear is a little tricky.

ARB bumper, Warn winch, 5 fairly new BFG All Terrain tyres, Kaymar wheel carrier, Long Ranger auxiliary tank (pump needs fixing), steering and transmission protection. In the back is a pretty good, home made draw system and a 80L water tank with electric pump. On the roof is a Patriot expedition roof rack and a Howling Moon awning. The awning has seen better days but it works fine. Lastly there is a 50L Nation Luna Weekender fridge/freezer. It also has some original Jon Wildsmith side steps. Old Man Emu shocks and springs. Safari snorkel.

Unfortunately the diff locks don't work and will need replacement. Bodywork is fair, when compared to many I have seen, but it does have normal problems around windscreen and there is also a nasty scratch on one side. Leather seating but no boot seats New rear exhaust section and front break pads. It been parked up a quite a while and will need new batteries.

It does need work, but would be a brilliant starting point anybody needing a reliable vehicle for overlanding or an expedition. See my signature, for Morocco website with videos of vehicle.

So the big question is. What would I get for it?

Last edited:
From the point of a buyer they would want to see detailed photos.. if it were mine id just think of a number and bang it on ebay ... Then you can just react to the response from prospective buyers... you don't have to sell it to the first offer.. just keep turning them down till you get what you think is a decent Offer... Just sayin like.

Since first posting I forgot to mention that it also has some original Jon Wildsmith side steps, plus Old Man Emu shocks and springs. Safari snorkel also.

Last edited:
Back