Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This diesel shortage then

Considering how much fuel in the USA has risen since their election, followed by the immediate destruction of oil and energy self sufficiency reached under the previous President. i dare say we haven't seen anything like where the cost of fuel is heading.

Wonder how many people will jump on the EV bandwagon purely on the maths of the moment favouring EV, forgetting that once a certain threshold re EV volumes versus ICE vehicles is reached, the govt of the day will have no choice but to impose similar tax loadings on EV's, not as we'll escape any of that, any road pricing or Zil Lane costings we'll be charged as well as the by then rapidly increasing other costs.
I don't personally think the lack of charging infrastructure is going to be the issue many worry about, us working plebs and our private personal transport arn't part of the great green reset utopian plan, and few of us will be able to (allowed to?) drive very far or where we want even if we can afford the massive costs of private transport likely to be reality once power for EV's receives its equivalent of the current road taxation re VED and fuel taxes.
What happens with EV's doesn't bother me to be honest, have no intention of ever owning one would rather walk or cycle, and as for the chances of us becoming one of Klaus Schwab's and disciples ''happy renters'', well you've got more chance of pissing in the queens handbag than that being a reality.

So what's the current status? Been out of the country for a week and it all seems quiet at the moment

Everyone has moved on to panic buying Quality Street, Barbie Dolls, and various other tat before "christmaz is ruined bruv".

I haven't had a proper month yet with my LC to work out fuel consumption, so haven't been keeping that much of an eye on fuel prices. I need some of that fine dizzle stuff now as the light decided to come on just as I passed the only petrol station between my home and work this morning. I think it's at 143.9p outside Kidderminster basically, but I think the last time I went near a Sainsbury's near Merry Hell it was 134.9p. I may risk the latter, depends how I'm feeling once I finish work!

It seems to all be back to normal now though. Although the prices are going up, I am surprised at the varied prices we're all seeing. Even for me (outside of the two mentioned above) there's two stations no more than 1.5 miles apart that vary by about 15p a litre. Even one station varies by a good 8p to the one across the road from it.

Back