Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thoughts on this 80?

Hmm? Says the drivers seat needs repair but fails to show a picture of the damage, could be split/worn leather or even failed electrics.

Be wary of the location. Chesham normally raises alarm bells on this forum. Put it in the search box.

" JUST BEEN UNDER SEALED " .....would set the alarm bells ringing for me

Isn't that salesman speak for "We have covered up all evidence of tin worm damage to the underside and chassis"?

Add : In fairness, looking at the MOT history, there is no mention of corrosion to the chassis or axles recently. Only mentions corrosion to the rear coil springs which is a relatively minor and easy fix - even that was last year and not mention in the most recent MOT. You have to go back as far as 2013 to see corrosion to rear axle and suspension mentioned as advisories.

So everything else being equal, perhaps might be worth a look if Chesham isn't too far from you.

Last edited:
Mysteriously the listing ended , Because of an error in the listing.......Or maybe he just sold it.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Why are you after a petrol? Is it to do with the ULEZ extension?

Why petrol? They seem to be a bit cheaper and less likely to have been thrashed on a farm than the diesel (huge generalisation I admit). I would buy either but the lower fuel economy of the petrol doesn't really bother me as I won't be doing much mileage.

Not 100% sure but believe this was for sale a while back. If it's the same one it's been converted from auto to manual. Not really a problem if it's been done well. Must say I do quite like the look of it. Was considering looking at it myself but I really wanted the 24v. Nothing cheap at the moment in the way of 80 series. That said I think this was offered at £7500 a month or 2 ago not the bargain £8k it's at now.

Just read the info. It is the one auto / manual converted. Been for sale on and off for quite a while now

They all are im afraid, As been said before, its been on and off ebay for a while now,........ 8 grand for a quick sale, Mmmm! But iv seen worse go for more! Toyota landcruiser 80 series | eBay - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] Watch this one. See what it goes for, MOT history shows all the usual suspects, Corrosion/ rust/ Brake pipes/ Coils etc etc. The bids say its worth what its worth , Over 7 grand at the moment with 4 days left of bidding

Last edited:
Hole in front wing not a promising start. I'm sure this truck was offered me a couple of months ago. Traveller lad knocked the door with it wondered if I'd buy it. Asked £5500 for it. Only wanted a small profit. I may be wrong but its the right year ,colour, hole in wing and fairly local too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes not too far Andy. Looks fairly clean but we all know what can lie beneath.

Back