Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Towing

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
If you tow a vehicle using an A frame, does the towed vehicle have to be insured or is it covered by the towing vehicles insurance :think:

This is a sticky subject chas. looked into using my towing dolly a few times. Coppers didn't really know but from what I found out is anything that has wheels on Tarmac has to be taxed moted and insured. Only time your ok is to and from a mot when you only have to have Insurence.

Should have done this to start with, but I just googled it and got what I think answers it definitively :think:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 644AAaxzOF

I was thinking of buying an A frame to get my red 80 back home. Oh well, back to the drawing board, or something like that :whistle:

Lots of hire places do trailer hire, which would be cheaper than buying an A frame.
From memory 30 to 35.00 per day from the one I have used in Oxfordshire.
A lot of indespension trailer retailers also do hire of trailers.
Hope that helps?

chugga90 said:
Lots of hire places do trailer hire, which would be cheaper than buying an A frame.
From memory 30 to 35.00 per day from the one I have used in Oxfordshire.
A lot of indespension trailer retailers also do hire of trailers.
Hope that helps?
Thanks Chugga, that would have been my next move, I'll do a search for one near me.

To answer you question, Yes it has to be taxed and insured. I use to have an A-frame when I sold cars for a living and I also used one when doing recovery work.

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back