Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Pink Coolant

It's not about 'should'. It suitable for any Yota. But the idea is that you never need to change it for the life of the car. It doesn't degrade. It's standard in all the new Toyotas. I bet you can mix it with the red. Which does need changing. So now you need to change half your coolant. Hmm, I think I spot a problem there.

So go all pink. Or, don't bother. Now, if you can get it p155 cheap, who the hell cares, let's all bang some in regardless.

As far as I know, it's no better than red at doing its job. Manufacturers are just finding ways of making cars better.

My point is that if it is expensive (Crispin says not as he's got a deal going) and you bust a pipe, which would you rather lose? Pink or Halfords?

Most of us change rads, thermostats, pipes, heads etc and the thought of all that money running out onto the drive .....

If it's cheap as usual stuff then what are you gaining? Everlasting stuff (for the same price as standard) that you will end up draining?

I don't get it. What's the benefit?

Chris

Pink is not for life - it's for 100k miles (not sure how many years) It's "long life" according to the book.
AFAIK, the 95s and 120s upwards have it. Rest it red.

With the way I'm going Crispin, 100k is more than life for me mate!

Either way, it's a lot of miles in a cruiser.

I'm waiting for an oil that'll do the same. Then I'll be interested.

C

Chris said:
Most of us change rads, thermostats, pipes, heads etc and the thought of all that money running out onto the drive .....

Chris

Hi Chris,

If I remeber right, who was changing a water pump some time back, and diligently saved all the cooling fluid in a bucket under the truck.

Them when all the cooling fluid was drained into the bucket, promptly kicked the bowl over?
I know it wasn't you, but you may remember better than me who it was.

G.

NB, stupid note to me,,, I must read all the posts before giving my reply

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
fridayman said:
Anyone know how much I need for my 95?
I think it depends if the vehicle is a manual or an auto but my 90 (swb) requires 9Ltrs (manual).

To bring this back to life, I will be changing the timing belt, waterpump etc on my 100 soon and at the same time it makes sense to change the coolant (pink) as well. Does anyone have 14l I could buy from them otherwise its off to Simon at MR T I go.

I have an unopened 5L bottle of pink as well as a 3/4 (or lightly more) bottle which I don't need now for another 100k miles.
Make me an offer on them ;)
Can bring them round on Saturday.

edit:
If you wanted to save the postage and ordered the remainder from Simon today, I can collect them tomorrow and bring them with as well.

I have an unopened 5L bottle of pink as well as a 3/4 (or lightly more) bottle which I don't need now for another 100k miles.
Make me an offer on them ;)
Can bring them round on Saturday.

edit:
If you wanted to save the postage and ordered the remainder from Simon today, I can collect them tomorrow and bring them with as well.

wish i'd known that earlier in the week:icon-wink:

ps: out of interest how much for a change on a 120: iirc it's less than stated in toyota's figures!

I think it was closer to the 7 or 8L. I really don't recall. I remember it being a lot less which is why I have the left over bottles.
Guess there is a huge amount in the block and heater matrix that does not come out.
When draining it, I still had lots of space in the bucket I was using which I guess is about 6 or 7L (Them orange B&Q buckets)

Back