Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

trolley jack

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
What would be the best size, and reasonably priced, trolley jack for an 80 with a 3" suspension lift and 285/74/16 tyres, for general use in a home garage?

That's topical. I just reversed over mine half an hour ago. Err, it's a different shape now. I thought hmm, odd it feels a little underpowered, maybe it's the new tyres. Oh well, then as I backed onto the road I realised I'd backed over a 3t jack. Hardly felt it.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That one looks good.
Similar to what I've got. Same price as well. Not as sturdy as the old garage trolley-jacks you find in truck garages, but good enough. Just be careful with sideways loads.
800 mm height is good. Should be good for your amount of lift as well.

The only thing I would say about that one Chas is watch the moin height. Not a issue on a LC, but with my one which goes lower it was still to high for my mates Corsa....

TonyP said:
The only thing I would say about that one Chas is watch the moin height. Not a issue on a LC, but with my one which goes lower it was still to high for my mates Corsa....
Thanks Tony, but it is just for use on my 80, as you say, no problem :thumbup: I've actually got a big trolley jack, a Webber I think it is, but it won't pump up anymore :thumbdown: I did look into getting it serviced but I can't find anywhere that can do it.

I got one from Screwfix which has a 450mm high on it, 2.5 tonnes. it's crap :doh:

It's basically a car jack and to get the added height, it has an extension tube on it. (Not a 24 socket!). The wheels are pretty narrow on it so to lift my 120, it's pretty much at it's limit but becomes quite unstable and leans a bit.

I managed to rescue a decent 3tonne Taskmaster jack from the scrap bin....well chuffed.. :thumbup:

Cossack said:
Thanks Tony, but it is just for use on my 80, as you say, no problem :thumbup: I've actually got a big trolley jack, a Webber I think it is, but it won't pump up anymore :thumbdown: I did look into getting it serviced but I can't find anywhere that can do it.
Probably just in need of a top-up of hydraulic oil. Once every year or two.

Back