Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

true or false magnets

G

Hi Guys
Been seeing a few adds for these powerful magnets that you arttach to your oil filter.
They are supposed to drap all the metal from your engine in the filter.
I would think if you have bits of metal floating around in the engine damage has already been done and you need repairs.
But then have I ever been right NO.
I do have a magnet attached to the drain plug on the engine pan and it does appear to hold onto something but what I dont know.
So please let me know what you think.
cheers
john 92HDJ 80 1HDT

I have a filtermag on my truck

the very first filter change i did- 4 years ago now- i carefully cut open the filter and found small amounts of almost pastelike metal filings that had patterned themselves to the oil filter in the shape of the magnet

it was goog enough for to make sure i always put it on when i do an oil change!
From: [Email address removed]: [Email address removed]ubject: [ELCO] true or false magnetsDate: Wed=2C 3 Dec 2008 21:50:39 +0000
Hi Guys
Been seeing a few adds for these powerful magnets that you arttach to your oil filter.
I would think if you have bits of metal floating around in the engine damage has already been done and you need repairs.
I do have a magnet attached to the drain plug on the engine pan and it does appear to hold onto something but what I dont know.
cheers
john 92HDJ 80 1HDT

Hi james
Thanks for the reply.
These magnets that guys sell can be expensive so i am wondering if an ordinary magnet would work, but how does one know how powerful the magnet needs to be to be effective.
john 92HDJ 80 1HDT
----- Original Message -----
To: [Email address removed]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:55 PM
Subject: RE: [ELCO] true or false magnets
I have a filtermag on my truck

the very first filter change i did- 4 years ago now- i carefully cut open the filter and found small amounts of almost pastelike metal filings that had patterned themselves to the oil filter in the shape of the magnet

it was goog enough for to make sure i always put it on when i do an oil change!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [Email address removed]
Subject: [ELCO] true or false magnets
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 21:50:39 +0000
Hi Guys
cheers
john 92HDJ 80 1HDT
Great search results, great prizes. BigSnapSearch.com Search now
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1826 - Release Date: 03/12/2008 09:34

Back