Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Two 70 series for sale Irleand??

Its the same truck.

The 3.0 Kzj swb is a great truck, probably my ideal if I gave up on the 4.2 70series idea.

A full restoration 3 years ago - depends on how thorough - bit like describing a 3 year old car as new, 3 years ago.....

At 8,500 maybe worth a look, but check out the car tax situation, if its not commercial could be a bit pricey.

Its priced at 12k on done deal and 8.5 on their own site so wondering what is the price. If he's interested in a trade on my lj71 I woukd go for that as im getting massive quotes on a body lift and restoration on mine (that's for another thread). In terms of cars tax I guess buying it and waiting until 2022 is an option as its vintage then.

Half of the dashboard is out of one car rest of another, it was probably red before hence brown seats, rear seats missing, whoever welded quarter panels didn't bother if they actually fit to the doors, they've painted over all the crap on the rear triangles when you open the back doors, even over not cleaned double sided tape where the reflectors were. Some bodge up tail lights situation there, but speedo and lights give away it was uk version so it should have fender flares?

Hey Peter, better the devil you know! Is all I can say. you already have the base vehicle go with the one you have and build it to be the one you want. Plenty of info around for making a lj into a kzj 7x

When you have an old vehicle there's no short cut in buying a ready made one as you don't really know or have seen the work thats gone into it..

yes, good advice, thanks for that. My own one is in fairly good condition but lots of spots on the body that need sorting - so I think a body lift off the chassis is needed? or is it? - allot more expense with that. I don't have a shed, the tools or the know-how to even try. I'm getting quotes from 5k to 35k and everything in between and all of the quotes don't go into any detail so I don't know what I'm getting. I really don't know what to expect in terms of price for the bodywork. The engine and interior ill sort as I go, but the body I want to do in one go. Here's a link to a video of it. Any advice on restoration work and prices much appreciated.

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="20200807_201522 from Monster Truck Gallery on Vimeo - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]" width="640" height="640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• 20200807_201319 copy.jpg
    20200807_201319 copy.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 2
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back