Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK Snomaster fridge group buy.

Which model would you be interested in buying?

• BD/C-40

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • BD/C-42

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BD/C-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BD/C-60D (dual compartment)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Another option (please specify)

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interested in the 12l price dependant.

Animal Mother (Darren) - BD/C-60D
? - BD/C-60D
? - BD/C-40
Pyemaster (Owen) - BD/C-12
Stumog (?) - BD/C-12
GrantW (Grant?) - BD/C-12
Karl Webster (Karl) - BD/C-12
mrdelmonti (?) - BD/C-12
Ben Stratford (Ben) - model TBC

I still need the names of those interested to fill the ?s above please for the 60D and 40 models.

Ill match any written offer...within reason

That's a very kind and generous offer, thank you. I'll let you know what those places come back with. What are your thoughts on getting the fridges out to people? Do you have a good postal provider?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am down for the 12l one as well. Price depending

Potentially a bdc 35 if price is favourable and I can convert to 24v which should be doable.
Need to do more research

Going to need lots if advice on this Karl but you make it sound easy which is good.
So a solar panel charges a leisure battery that runs the fridge?
Will it work if its not particularly sunny? Can it run 24/7 without any supplementary alternator charge to boost it?
May need external 220v plug in too. Gonna need a consumer unit!

At the min I have the split charger system charging a leisure under the bonnet and I also have a solar that goes to an £8 solar regulator and down to a leisure battery that sits behind the drivers seat. We are only playing at the min so I don't know if it will work 24/7. I had the solar set up for vcamping trips last year and it kept the fridge at what we wanted ok. We have been usin a 50L waeco recently as a freezer rather than the 35 we have and it seems to use a lot more power. At the show this weekend we were using just the solar battery and it stayed full all weekend.

Ben I am fails sure that they run on either 24v or 12v no mod needed

? - BD/C-60D
? - BD/C-40
Stumog (?) - BD/C-12
mrdelmonti (?) - BD/C-12
Geekokent (?) - BD/C-12
Ben Stratford (Ben) - BD/C-35

I still need the names of those interested to fill the ?s above please for the 60D and 40 models. Help me out please guys.

Ben I am fails sure that they run on either 24v or 12v no mod needed
Thanks stu, will definately need a leisure battery to run the fridge (or two). Being 24v i dint want to risk the truck not having the juice to start. Probably need a split charger to top up from alternator if solar not working.

At the min I have the split charger system charging a leisure under the bonnet and I also have a solar that goes to an £8 solar regulator and down to a leisure battery that sits behind the drivers seat. We are only playing at the min so I don't know if it will work 24/7. I had the solar set up for vcamping trips last year and it kept the fridge at what we wanted ok. We have been usin a 50L waeco recently as a freezer rather than the 35 we have and it seems to use a lot more power. At the show this weekend we were using just the solar battery and it stayed full all weekend.
Sounds like a good project Karl, Im sure with your know how and the other sparky's on here I can get something handy rigged up.
Need to rapidly convert the interior space and sort out a roof rack for other camping gear so i know where the panel may go

Sounds like a good project Karl, Im sure with your know how and the other sparky's on here I can get something handy rigged up.
Need to rapidly convert the interior space and sort out a roof rack for other camping gear so i know where the panel may go

Lol.
I'm not good with the electrics mate but there's always as someone on here who can help.
The boys I've done is very simple. Solar to a regulator to a battery is something anyone can do including me :)

? - BD/C-60D
? - BD/C-40
Stumog (?) - BD/C-12
mrdelmonti (?) - BD/C-12
Geekokent (?) - BD/C-12
Ben Stratford (Ben) - BD/C-35

I still need the names of those interested to fill the ?s above please for the 60D and 40 models. Help me out please guys.

If the price was close to the SA price (within 25%) for the 40, but TBH the 35 and 12 would be of more interest

If the price was close to the SA price (within 25%) for the 40, but TBH the 35 and 12 would be of more interest

I need to go to the stores with numbers today. Which one did you select in the survey above? Want to try for the 40?

I have asked for prices on the following:

2 x BD/C-60D
2 x BD/C-40
2 x 2 x BD/C-35
7 x BD/C-12

I still need to know who wants the other 60D and the other 40.

Back