Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ultra Ever Dry

No need to shower anymore!! One coat on everybody will save millions of litres of water!!

Thompson's Water Seal is a similar product for brick, concrete and wood. Amazing stuff.

Not sure how it would last on a polished surface such as car paint with lacquer, but it would certainly be interesting for the underbody and chassis.

Might be some truth in this i know they paint supermarkets and the like with some sort of nano paint so they don't get dirty . Great idea about using it on the underbody trouble is how do you get it back to black first ?

I don't usually plug a product and its not really relevent but i discovered stuff called Lithofin stainstop sealer and it's bloody brilliant to use on tiles . I put it on my stone floors with sand based patio grout years ago and i'd still be perfectly comfortable to pour a bottle of undiluted blackcurrant juice on the floor to show it mops up without leaving a trace , and you can't even tell they've been sealed . Helen used to nag about regrouting behind the cooker every 6 months but because of this stuff i haven't done it for maybe 4 years and the ceramics and grout still look brand new .

Do a search on Nanotoxicology

Problem is that nanoparticles are so small that they will penatrate any living being. We'll soon be coated with nanoparticles inside. Maybe "teflon intestines" is a good idea. Or non-stick Lounge alveoli?

Do a search on Nanotoxicology

Problem is that nanoparticles are so small that they will penatrate any living being. We'll soon be coated with nanoparticles inside. Maybe "teflon intestines" is a good idea. Or non-stick Lounge alveoli?

In civil engineering we use "Silane" treatment to exposed areas of concrete in high risk areas of salt attack. A bridge for example near the coast will suffer more from salt attack than one on the moors in Derbyshire. This silane stuff is highly carcengenic in its "free state" when spraying it on. It penetrates up to 25mm into concrete (brick, stone, ceramics vary depending on the porosity of the material) and prevents any water (carrying the salt) getting in to rot the steel reinforcement.

After application, the stuff is harmless. During application you should use full protection, including breathing filters and closed/sealed eye protection against fumes and errant spray.

They work very well saving frost attack on exposed brickwork and the ingress of water/dirt into Shayne's tiling grout, for example. I guess there's several branded treatments on the market.

For the car, even if you don't clean back rust to shiny steel, I would imagine keeping water out of that old rust will certainly slow down the continuing rusting process. Better to have it treated than not at all, I imagine.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back