Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Universal joint size for tail shaft vx80 1990

craignzl

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi guys following up from my old post on the vibration issue .. I brought new ujs for both my tail and prop shafts 2 joints were had it ..
my prop shaft ones were easy brought 2 29x49mm ones went fine
The tail shaft all I could find advitised for 80 series were 32mm caps 64 yoke .. there were multiple products for them all same sizing ..
I got mine out with about of effort went to put new ones in the caps went in sweet but for the life of me I couldn’t get the circlips in .. it was like it was 2mm to long .. clip to clip .. I managed to forcibly get the caps in enough to get both clips but the joint was locked tight I tried taping it with a hammer nothing would free it . I poped one clip and it was back to sweet nice and smooth but the clip groove was inside the yoke .. .. I ended up forcing them together again and hoped a short drive they would loosen but all it did was stuff the new joints .. is there a different size for some 80 series seems like mine should be 62 or 61 not 64 I measured my old joints from clip to clip and they were about 60mm inside to inside clip edge

Perhaps you have a needle pushed out and trapped in the bottom of one of the cups?

That's what I did last time I changed them, Frank, one of the needles dropped out and jammed... right PITA.

Nope the needles are fine and we’re all in place I measured my old uj and it’s 32x61 not 32x64

Back