Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrading Front seats

That becomes very pricy Mike I do know that Jim said there are a lot of ways to correct the existing foam but also add to the side bolsters too to bring it up to spec again. I will hopefully do a pictures write up to learn more next month.

Last edited:
Agreed, this may be one occasion where i dont go oem..

i look forward to the updates.:thumbup:

I was quoted under £400 for a complete refurbishment of front and back ( bench ) in the 105. I just need the drivers seat done and not really desperately so just left it. Maybe in a couple of years.

I was quoted under £400 for a complete refurbishment of front and back ( bench ) in the 105. I just need the drivers seat done and not really desperately so just left it. Maybe in a couple of years.

That seems very cheap interesting to know what they will do for that price. Is that the foam and fabric / leather?

This is fabric, they replace the cushion and only replace the fabric panel that needs replacing. In my case, that was just the right side bit on the drivers seat.

That seems very cheap interesting to know what they will do for that price. Is that the foam and fabric / leather?
Seems very good. I was quoted £800 to rebuild the seats and refabric front and rear......I didn't do it....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys anyone have a before and after picture of the fabric seats being restored. I can see lots of leather but no fabric versions anywhere?

Hello,

First of all, hope it is okay @Firewout that I use a part of one of your pictures!

I'm in the progress of upgrading my front seats. I do however have trouble loosening the bolt marked in the picture below. It's the same on the other side.

Capture.PNG

The bolt just turns but I can't find a nut underneath the car. Anyone with a solution?

Thanks! /Eric

Hello,

First of all, hope it is okay @Firewout that I use a part of one of your pictures!

I'm in the progress of upgrading my front seats. I do however have trouble loosening the bolt marked in the picture below. It's the same on the other side.

View attachment 155747

The bolt just turns but I can't find a nut underneath the car. Anyone with a solution?

Thanks! /Eric
The welded nut/ thread underneath has probably broken, Sounds like it might be in between two skins Try getting a pry bar of sorts under the lip at the side of the bolt and pry it up with some force while undoing the bolt ..it might just nip the nut tight underneath enough to stop it spinning.... Good luck mate

Hi there,
Have you thought of looking at Lexus seats? Being essentially a Toyota they may well fit directly?
My previous 2 cars were GS range, seats extremely comfortable, and on the 2nd generation had air cooled functionality as well as various lumber support adjustments, might be worth a visit to the local yard?

I have bought Sparco seats, I want that support on the sides. And also they look cool... ;-)

Thanks a lot! I suspected this might be the case! I'll try it next week!
For the rear seats the Captive nut is visible/accessible .. Have a look for a plastic /rubber Cap that pops off .. for the fronts...... Il have a look on mine later...

For the rear seats the Captive nut is visible/accessible .. Have a look for a plastic /rubber Cap that pops off .. for the fronts...... Il have a look on mine later...

It seems the captive nut is inside a crossmember...

We were talking about this at the meetup over the weekend.

If anyone's knows of a seat that is a drop in replacement for the 100 driver seat, please do tell. Don't need electrics etc. Just need something super comfortable for long drives. The seats in there are good now, I have nothing to complain about. But I think it could be better.

If anyone's knows of a seat that is a drop in replacement for the 100 driver seat, please do tell. Don't need electrics etc. Just need something super comfortable for long drives. The seats in there are good now, I have nothing to complain about. But I think it could be better.

+1 on this. We've got a 1 1/2 seat on the passenger side that we want to replace with a single, and i'd like to change the drivers side for something more comfortable on long distances, so if there is a drop in replacement for the 100 I too would be keen to know.

We were talking about this at the meetup over the weekend.

My only gripe with 100 (in fact, most LC) seats would be the lack of proper armrests.

Guys finally took the initiative to repair the front seats from degrading worse after 25 years this would be the first real attempt. Biggest issue has been the cover material being worn and weaker something that would of been best to change and yet hard to having not the right match material. Tomorrow awaiting to see them finish and see how they have fair better now.

0cece2cf-df60-4c46-97e7-a2b70ea97a9e.jpg 1e27971f-1f84-45da-9c4e-c0e0fffd2a5a.jpg 3f875a14-b874-4398-a42b-e298ad204869.jpg 04a85ae9-5c74-4d0f-8146-67c38f57cae5.jpg 5dc099d3-d318-426c-96dc-6ac1cff84f51.jpg 7a67dd3f-2d47-4f87-b895-e41619a5cdc8.jpg 7b6a8932-5736-4751-92d0-2a4a10e8061d.jpg 23c165b8-7b0d-426e-8b34-6f3693750038.jpg 81bcfc32-cd13-4ca8-99de-8df68c94306f.jpg 98eb26eb-6b8f-44b6-a678-3b08a6bba7ed.jpg 748d18e8-1d3a-4050-aae7-458ae03c7fbd.jpg 681301c4-6a1a-4107-a228-6a4d06049c3e.jpg a33c9973-b297-43eb-b78a-058b118bc417.jpg c349b559-aa40-40a1-8d0d-7f69d78db5cb.jpg da92fd5e-c448-40c3-a018-7a7a89220f7d.jpg

I'm afraid Toyota foam is about as bad as toyota steel. A good quality seat should last at least 20 years on average. My Audi seats did but I had to strip the 80 seat, only 3 years old, and add some quality foam to the side part. Still OK 20 years later.

Back