Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

V8 diesel smoke

_qedir1_

Country Flag
azerbaijan
Hello my name is gadir i have 2008 lc200 v8 diesel it has 370k(km) around 10 days ago i noticed it a lot of smoke coming out it is a normal thing when you put metal to the pedal in a lc diesel just a black smoke for a moment then it is gone know between 2500 to 3000 rpm it just smokes non stop what could it be turbos or needs a rebuild?

Thank you.

Black smoke usually means diesel smoke whereas a worn turbo usually means smoke from burning engine oil which is bluey gray in colour so I'd say it's more of a fuelling problem. Do you have any warning lights on the dash? The electronic everything on the 200 probably means you need some plug on disgnostics.

That's normal, especially on a non dpf truck.

I wouldn't say smoking non stop in a certain rev range is normal. My 80 has non of the modern emmision gubbins and there's virtually no smoke anywhere other than momentarily when you boot it.

I wouldn't say smoking non stop in a certain rev range is normal. My 80 has non of the modern emmision gubbins and there's virtually no smoke anywhere other than momentarily when you boot it.
Don't think the OP was suggesting that Towpack, he was saying black smoke on flooring it. Mine has no visible smoke at idle or under load (normal running) but floor it and you will get smoke. Interestingly, mine only has the EGR valves, non DPF. Looks a simpler setup than my 1HDFT.

Towpack:when i start it in the morning it has blue smoke and no i didn't run any diagnostic but it doesnt have any lights on the dash at least honestly i am thinking about selling it has 370k km and i know even i fix the issue everything else is going to start breaking.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just re-read original post and realise I read it wrong. Blue smoke is oil burning, and smoking all the time definitely isn't right. Apologies Towpack!

Back