Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vacuum in the fuel tank

thorsager

The last couple days, the old oyta have had some problems starting, starter was running fine it sounded just like it got no
diesel.. After hand-pumping to fill the fuel-filter the engine started, no problem.
I just couldn't figure out what was wrong.. Then this morning it struck me (DUH!) vacuum in the fuel tank!.

And the only thing I can figure could be wrong is that the filler-cap does not allow air to pass through it.. And now for my question to you..
How do I check if it is working..? It doesn't look dirty or defective in any way..??

Try doing a search on here, there is quite a bit of info on filler caps and tank breathers :thumbup:

I managed to get mine apart & blew everything out with the air line.

If it's when starting might it be same promblen Chris had.... Fixed by fitting a non return valve in fuel line near pump?

adrianr said:
If it's when starting might it be same promblen Chris had.... Fixed by fitting a non return valve in fuel line near pump?
I've just found one on eBay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Non-Return-C ... 3a57b5cc29 but it says in the description "not suitable for Fuel injection. Suitable for Carburettor and low pressure fuel systems" would that be OK for a Landcruiser, are they low pressure systems?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back