Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vango airbeam tent

greengrass

Country Flag
england
Not really sure I've put this in the correct section but seemed the nearest one I could find.

Purchased a new tent today, wanted somthing quick and easy to put up.

Went for a Vango airbeam tent, its soooo easy and fast to put up. 5 mins from start to finish, no poles to contend with. Just peg it down and pump it up,fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so its not the cheapest, but a good quality tent that takes the hassle out of setting up.

Which one did you get GG? I have been dithering about one of these for a while now... Wanted for all the reasons you mentioned & dithering for the same!!!

I'd be buying the big one to fit my tribe in... Would be good to hear any other impressions you have about it.

Cheers
Gav

Hi Gav,
I went for the Infinity 600 6 berth job. It was supposed to be £675 at go outdoors, found it online elsewhere for £650. Go outdoors will beat any price by 10% so paid £585 in the end.
I've spent quite a while looking at tents but everytime was drawn back to the airbeam 600,it just seemed so practical.

You do pay a premium for it but if you look at the secondhand prices on ebay I don't think you can go far wrong.
I looked at similar size tents for around 200 quid but they didn't have such good inner tents,dividers,zips etc. Also the inner tents have a very good blackout so hopefully I might get a lay in.:icon-biggrin:

Excellent, thanks for taking time to do the review GG :icon-cool:

We're looking at the 800 & have a friend who works in the industry who's offered a pretty good discount that I think I'll be taking up fairly soon :icon-wink:

Cheers

Me too!!! Looking at the smaller ones so will be interested to hear back on usability issues, if any :lol:

£650 for a tent....my dad paid less than that for his first house, mind you that was donkeys years ago, I'm more a £50 eBay merchant myself

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Gav,
whatever discount your mate can get go outdoors say they'll beat it by 10%.
Could end up being a really cheap tent if your mate can put a quote in writing for you :lol:.

I'm going camping later this month so I'll be able to give it a full review once I've tried to pack back in its bag.

I looked at these at the Gadget show last year and was really impressed. Sadly I don't camp enough to justify the price.

Quick question chaps.
How do I add the the little bit on the bottom of the posts listing vehicles etc???
I keep looking at my profile to see how to add them lol

Top left of the Forum, Settings, then on the left hand side, My Settings, and then Signiture

Used my new tent for the first time this weekend, fantastic!!!!!!!
Took me about 10 mins to put up on my own including all the ropes, so easy.
All the inner tents were already fitted when I blew it up my mates were well impressed as they reckon their similar size tent takes about an hour to put up.

Nice and warm too.

Went to a fantastic campsite near Cirencester called "Hoburne Cotswold" wouldn't hesitate to recommend the site. Really good facilities,very clean and well organised.
airbeam.jpg

Nice one GG. Sounds like a winner :icon-cool:

How was it for keeping light out in the morning?

Cheers

Hmmm, well I have to admit you still get a fair amount of light early in the morning but much better than my old tent.

Although it was the birds singing from about 5.30am that woke me lol.

You need to leave the door zips open a bit to get it back in the bag when your done.

The undersheet and carpet are well worth the extra money too. When we packed up the bottom of the tent was bone dry and clean, the under sheet was a little damp. I just turned it over let it dry in the sun for about 10 mins then just swept the mud off.
Saved awkwardly drying and cleaning a whole tent. the carpet fits perfectly and makes it far easier to keep the place clean.

:lol: True enough, there's always sommat set to wake the muggles up be it birds or daylight!!!

Our 'package' included the groundsheet & carpet - they looked well worthwhile additions.

Thanks for the feedback dude :icon-cool:

You can't go wrong with a carpet for your tent. Ours is lovely, It's so nice to kick off your walking boots and have that nice soft feel on your bare feet

Marine carpet is very durable. We use it in our camper trailer tent.

Well, we got our 800 size Airbeam & used it on our 3 week tour de france last month & despite a couple of hiccups, by the end of it I was pretty pleased with it :) Vay spacious for us all; had a couple of beam deflations but possibly due to operator error more than anything else; it survived a couple of pretty hefty thunderstorms & kept us dry.

Putting up & taking down both reasonable operations & much less squabbling than the old tent; still a lot of tent to fold up & fit back in the transit bag though!!!

We got the groundsheet & carpet & both are worthwhile investments IMHO.

All told, a happy bunny :)

Back