Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Waffle Boards - Price reduction

Trevor

Country Flag
england
Bloomin typical, now £11 cheaper than when I bought them last week but could be useful for Lincomb Tracmat

They are cheaper because they aren't as wide as the ones you bought but they are longer.
I checked the buyers items for sale list, personally I don't which ones would be better.

Cheers

Phil

Anyone here tried MaxTrax? Not cheap at all but look very good.
Sorry I can't post links here, but it's 1st link on google search, or Devon4x4 sell them in UK.

Olazz is a big fan of those and has used them in anger. If he says they're good, then trust me they're good. However, a lot of this depends on the application that you want them for. Maxtrax are good for getting unstuck, but you can't use them to bridge ditches, or as a table, or to level a vehicle with etc. Waffle boards, though, have limited success with getting unstuck in those wheel-deep situations. They are not as grippy as a Trax. It's a bit of a toss up. I use waffles as I have front and rear winches plus a ground anchor system. If I was going to do a desert trip, I'd probably take Trax

Chris

Wow, sounds like you are well kitted out for anything! I have a 100-series v8 but all stock no mods no lift, and am mainly looking for something to get me out of mud. I got stuck in mud a few months ago in the middle of nowhere with 3 adults and 3 small kids in the car. Managed to clear it eventually with the aid of some branches, but it scared the hell out of me. Seems like the MaxTrax may be the way to go.

Errm, well pretty much everything yes. I don't get stuck very often, but it's not just about being stuck. Sometimes I can't get to where I want to be, which is different. I like the Maxtrax, but one thing that's worth considering is getting a bag made for them. I know we have Daniel on here who can produce canvas items for example. But once used they are generally filthy. If you put them on your roof, they drip for ages covering everything in s***. You wouldn't want them in the boot either. So a storage bag capable of holding all the muck until you can wash them would be very sensible. Waffles are even worse in that respect. They need Teflon coating! Which would sort of defeat the purpose I guess.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Teflon coating. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use maxtrax & have done for my last 5 desert trips, brilliant for getting unstuck, I have even converted local bedouins to them & they now have some!

I got rid of my waffles after using maxtrax

As chris said, no good for bridging though

Andy

Back