Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Water water everywhere!... windscreen leak?

Rosy

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Over the weekend I noticed an unreasonable amount of condensation inside the truck and thought I might be suffering from the dreaded windscreen water leak so naturally decided to looking under the passenger side carpet which revealed enough water in the cable channel to fill a small pool.

After cleaning up the soppy mess I thought Id try and work out exactly where the water was coming from so set up the hose and let it gently spray against the passenger side corner and waited. After a couple of minutes, I did notice the A-pillar fabric in that corner was slightly damp but it certainly wasn’t wet and there were no drips or water trails from the dash running down into the footwell.

Checking the passenger side cable channel though and there was a decent amount water which appears from this mysterious gap at the bottom of where the passenger side kick plate goes.

Opening the door and shinny a light through the gap reveals this water track across the inner wing toward the cab which is approximately in line where the water appears through the gap.

So now I’m not sure it is the windscreen.

Would any of you lovely cruiser whisperers be able to confirm if this likely to be the windscreen or is there another route that the water might taking?

Cheers Rosy

1 - Hose.jpeg Door track.jpg Passenger leak.jpg

Can happen often not just from the screen but also the door weather strips that have wear on the rubbers as to why they leave a gap between the glass. Easy to check plus if so water getting in the door affects the door cards too. I had this issue recently and kinda tried to address it.

Last edited:
Thanks Dervis I'll check over the rubbers and see if that makes a difference

I found my leak while ago when i drove through a car wash , at least once a week now i press the down and close buttons for my sunroof just to be sure :)

I have developed a shower from my sunroof every morning just now, dropping the kids at nursery I look like I’ve wet myself
Be nice to get some dry days to sort it out

I found my leak while ago when i drove through a car wash , at least once a week now i press the down and close buttons for my sunroof just to be sure :)

hahaha... that must have been an entertaining 10 minutes :)

I checked the sunroof drains last night which were clear, and the door rubbers seem to seal well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was not long after i bought the 80 , neither my 90's have a sunroof , i was on my way to a funeral dressed like a penguin to which may have been a blessing because black polyester or whatever it is doesn't show damp patches and dries quickly .

It was funny but i mention it because it must have been ever so slightly open for weeks prior so condensation inside the truck already had me thinking i need to search for a leak .

Back