Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Webasto Install questions pooling advice.

Is that a diode you're pointing at?
Where do you get the diag-software? Costly?
Its a tiny smd resistor that iv soldered in.... ebay just type in Webasto diagnostics . about the same cost as Techstream.

Well good news I have got both of the Webasto's running perfectly! Iv done a trial fit its not tight at all but Its awkward to get it where id like it & where to run the exhaust? I have a very nice solid stainless exhaust that Id like to use with a silencer and then further extend with a flexible section well out of the way so there are no fumes or damage done to any components, I will be wrapping the exhaust in fireproof sleeving also..

Where did you run yours UHU??

Hmmm, thanks for that Michael. I’ve had a lumpy engine just up off idle but goes like a train otherwise. Didn’t happen before I teed off the main fuel line. Think I’ll try and remove it even though I have a tap in line.
@karl webster, can you send me a fuel hose from filter to pump please. :)

i can if your still needing one rich.
ive had sucess with fitting the d5 eberspacher to an 80. worked fine.

i can if your still needing one rich.
ive had sucess with fitting the d5 eberspacher to an 80. worked fine.
Yes please Karl. Shall I post a photo of the one I’m after to be sure?

I’ve got the D2. Where did you pick up your diesel from?

Yes please Karl. Shall I post a photo of the one I’m after to be sure?

I’ve got the D2. Where did you pick up your diesel from?

i have the d2 as well mate. one in the van for the dogs and one in the camping bus.
i just run small tanks so red can be used mate.

Hi Karl, see below in yellow.

21999D4D-F3AA-4FEA-B842-1027B2E7DCBC.jpeg

Between fuel filter/primer and injection pump.

Apologies for the Threadjack.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
....& where to run the exhaust? I have a very nice solid stainless exhaust that Id like to use with a silencer and then further extend with a flexible section well out of the way so there are no fumes or damage done to any components, I will be wrapping the exhaust in fireproof sleeving also..
Where did you run yours UHU??
You can see the exhaust in the first pic i posted, snaking down, bending around the steering column and under the starter. It ends up through the belly board (skid plate) with the silencer just above the plate. There isn't much heat coming off the stainless exhaust, except for the first 2 inches, so I don't think there is a need for fireproof sleeving.
I see that I posted that same pic again in my second pic-post, and in the 2nd to last pic you can see the flexible exhaust pipe coming out at the front of the heater and bending around to point back- and downwards.
There is a (needed) silencer on the air intake as well (on my 2 overview pics, between lhs battery and wing). The heater is quite noisy, like a small jet engine starting outside the house every morning.

Last edited:
You can see the exhaust in the first pic i posted, snaking down, bending around the steering column and under the starter. It ends up through the belly board (skid plate) with the silencer just above the plate. There isn't much heat coming off the stainless exhaust, except for the first 2 inches, so I don't think there is a need for fireproof sleeving.
I see that I posted that same pic again in my second pic-post, and in the 2nd to last pic you can see the flexible exhaust pipe coming out at the front of the heater and bending around to point back- and downwards.
There is a (needed) silencer on the air intake as well (on my 2 overview pics, between lhs battery and wing). The heater is quite noisy, like a small jet engine starting outside the house every morning.

Super! yes sorry I see it now. Im quite familiar with the diesel heaters I have a D2 & D4 Eberspacher before these webasto units so touch wood im in good standing to get the job done.. I am thinking of running the Exhaust a shorter route via the front I will try and take pics when Im installing im still waiting on some bits etc

Last edited:
i have the d2 as well mate. one in the van for the dogs and one in the camping bus.
i just run small tanks so red can be used mate.

Don't run red Karl heaters don't like it, run kero much much cleaner burn and its cheaper! Iv done quite in-depth testing, I haven't had to service my D2 for 2500 hours!! and running on red 400 hrs I had burn failure.

Trying to decide between a gas or diesel heater for the 105. I want to mount the heater under the truck and run a hose up to the roof tent, or into the awning room if thats where we're sitting.

My biggest concern with the diesel heater is the noise level, which I believe can be noisy. Anyone any experience with how noisy a diesel heater is (looking at the Webasto Airtop 2000)

Trying to decide between a gas or diesel heater for the 105. I want to mount the heater under the truck and run a hose up to the roof tent, or into the awning room if thats where we're sitting.

My biggest concern with the diesel heater is the noise level, which I believe can be noisy. Anyone any experience with how noisy a diesel heater is (looking at the Webasto Airtop 2000)

I had an airtop 2000 in the camper van and i wouldn't say its overly noisy. Granted it might wake you up in the morning when it fires up but its just a small fan whir, never had any trouble with it in 4 years neither.

Back