Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Website addreses and hosting

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Looking to setup a new website but never done anything like that before.

Do I just register with someone like GoDaddy and let them do everything? Need to get the email address matching the site and all the things that go with it. I will get the design of the website itself done by a pro company (any suggestions?)

Might seem simple but just want to get it right from the start.

Hi Paul

GoDaddy can do the whole lot from domain setup to hosting to email. Their prices and good and they're reliable. I've used them a lot in the past.
They should have tutorials for setting up a domain and email.

The company that you use for your web design will probably need to have a login to be able to upload the site.

Shout if you have any questions or need any advice.

Cheers,

Nigel

A couple of pointers....

You don't have to have your domain name registered with the same company as you have your hosting.

You don't have to have your hosting with your website designer's company (if they offer it).

When choosing a registrar or hosting make sure there are no restrictions on space, databases, email addresses etc.

Make sure you know whether you want Linux or Windows hosting.

Once you have your domain name like example.com then you can create whatever email address at that domain as you like. For example [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and so on.

Choose a registrar that allows you lots of control over the domain name. I use domainguru.net for this reason (I am not connected to him/them except as an happy customer.)

Try and get the .com and .net of your chosen domain name also.

Back