Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well then the truck is....

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Sitting at West Coast Off Road Centre...

It has been in their capable hands since yesterday morning, can't wait to pick it up later... :mrgreen:
 

Dave Burgess

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
247
...Currently attached to a 17' 3.5ton car trailer having done over 800 miles this week, 400 of which were towing. 24.7mpg unleashed 19.7mpg hitched and loaded (about £300 in diesel :shock: ).

Took the 1 Tonne FC101" that I have owned for 16 years to its new owner :| .

Off to pick up my newly powder-coated OEM alloy wheels in a minute.
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,366
Garage
Country Flag
england
Dave Burgess said:
Off to pick up my newly powder-coated OEM alloy wheels in a minute.

Where did you get the wheels done Dave, and where?
Chas
 

Dave Burgess

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
247
They're not done yet :evil: I didn't wait for the call to say they're ready, but I'm due back in NI soon so thought I'd call in anyway...

I'm using a local company who do industrial and drop-in customer work called Custom Wytelynes Coatings in Chatham. I've had a few bits done by them (motorcycle luggage rack, set of steel wheels, obscure mounting brackets) and they've done very nicely. £35 a wheel for blasting and coating, they do alloy and steel (different ovens and blast media). http://www.custom-powder.co.uk/

I ought to put this in the relevant section...
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Jimbo4x4 said:
How's it looking Mr Jug?


Superb thanks.....

All oils changed, oil filter, diesel filter, everything greased, new CV's, new inner axle seals, new brake pads all round and 1 brake calliper changed.....

They did a top job as usual....

By the way I see you'r not far from me at all...
If your ever passing feel free to knock round for a cuppa...

(opposite the dentist in Weston Village.....)

I better get a move on stripping this winch bumper now so that I can get that ready to put on.. :mrgreen:
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,366
Garage
Country Flag
england
TobyJug said:
I better get a move on stripping this winch bumper now so that I can get that ready to put on.. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to post a pic once you've got it fettled Toby, I'd like to see my old bumper in it's new colour. :cool:
Chas
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Cossack said:
Don't forget to post a pic once you've got it fettled Toby, I'd like to see my old bumper in it's new colour. :cool:
Chas

I won't...

by the way... what the hell is this rubbery paint stuff you put on there...
Damn it's hard to get off.... :(
:lol:
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,366
Garage
Country Flag
england
TobyJug said:
Cossack said:
Don't forget to post a pic once you've got it fettled Toby, I'd like to see my old bumper in it's new colour. :cool:
Chas
I won't...by the way... what the hell is this rubbery paint stuff you put on there...
Damn it's hard to get off.... :( :lol:
It's the stuff used to coat the bedliners of pick-ups and the like, judging by the way it stood up to my collisions with trees and rocks :lol: it is pretty tough stuff :cool:
Chas
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Cossack said:
It's the stuff used to coat the bedliners of pick-ups and the like, judging by the way it stood up to my collisions with trees and rocks :lol: it is pretty tough stuff :cool:
Chas

horrible stuff it is.... :lol:
I will get there am doing a little bit every day... haha
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,366
Garage
Country Flag
england
TobyJug said:
Cossack said:
It's the stuff used to coat the bedliners of pick-ups and the like, judging by the way it stood up to my collisions with trees and rocks :lol: it is pretty tough stuff :cool:
Chas
horrible stuff it is.... :lol: I will get there am doing a little bit every day... haha
You could have left it on and painted over it :roll:
Chas
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Cossack said:
You could have left it on and painted over it :roll:
Chas

Yeh I suppose but it was peeling on a few bits so thought it would come off easy...
haha how wrong was I...!!

a well it will look good when done...
I better fire up the welder too and get that corner glued back together..
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,366
Garage
Country Flag
england
TobyJug said:
Cossack said:
You could have left it on and painted over it :roll:
Chas
I better fire up the welder too and get that corner glued back together..
Yeah! you'll need more than Evo Stick :lol: :lol:
Chas
 

Jimbo4x4

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
880
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
TobyJug said:
By the way I see you'r not far from me at all...
If your ever passing feel free to knock round for a cuppa...

Will be sure to drop you a line if I'm ever in the area, likewise vice versa matey.

Jim.
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Jimbo4x4 said:
TobyJug said:
By the way I see you'r not far from me at all...
If your ever passing feel free to knock round for a cuppa...

Will be sure to drop you a line if I'm ever in the area, likewise vice versa matey.

Jim.


will do mate..
 

Gav Peter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
4,844
Country Flag
england
Did you spot MUX up at WCO when you were there Toby?

He's ready for me to collect - just gotta find a break in the world cup schedule & shoe horn me Pa into the 120 for a run up the motor way. Hopefully Thursday afternoon :)
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Gavlad said:
Did you spot MUX up at WCO when you were there Toby?

He's ready for me to collect - just gotta find a break in the world cup schedule & shoe horn me Pa into the 120 for a run up the motor way. Hopefully Thursday afternoon :)


yep sure did see the truck....
You should have said I could have driven it back to my house, would have been closer for you..

I took the bike on the trailer and then left it all there... :D
 

Gav Peter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
4,844
Country Flag
england
Not a bad idea - what bike do you have?

Mind you, its a good chance for me & Pa to get out & about together :)
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Gavlad said:
Not a bad idea - what bike do you have?

Mind you, its a good chance for me & Pa to get out & about together :)

a old and very ugly Honda CB450...
But hey it goes well and is reliable.. :D

yeh suppose...
always good to have some father/ son moments.. :mrgreen:
 
Top