Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this plate for?

Mine is a mid range (GXL) and has the front skid plate but nothing over the tranny or transfer case. Skid plates over both tanks though.

. Whilst I was idling away the hours, I was wondering what the 40 would have morphed into had it of still been in production to date, I think I have the answer. :):thumbup:

I think that evolution is what you see in the 70 series which continues , the 90 series on the other hand was our first glimpse at Toyota's future . I always felt they dropped the ball by skipping a solid axle option of the 90 because only that doesn't make it a lighter more agile alternative to the 80 series which is Toyota's apex of engineering being a very capable all rounder in every class you care to put it in .

Is that really plastic Shane ? I now think it could well be, it was the darker wrinkly edges that threw me.
Note on my calender, - Specsavers!!!
It’s defo plastic. I was convinced it was something more sturdy. There’s nothing above it and it doesn’t seem to serve any purpose although it does identify the ‘Jack up point’

Yep the hole so you can jack up on the frame is the bit i recognized though i think i cut it off mine plates to fit rocksliders .

Back