Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this warning lamp?

Ken Brenton

Country Flag
england
I have a warning lamp just came up on my 2001 VX Petrol. It is located on the centre console just to the right of the radio (next to the passenger seat belt warning lamp). It is a red lamp in the shape of a car and it seems to have a key in the middle (not clearly identifiable).
No problems with the truck that I have spotted and the lamp goes out when the ignition is on. I have tried the spare keys so don't think it can be remote locking battery warning. Anyone can help please?

Thanks
Ken

Its the immobiliser warning. It will go out when the correct key is inserted.

Transponder / immobiliser symbol - goes off when key in the ignition and turned to at least 'ACC' IIRC

Regards

Thanks for the speedy response guys.
Now I am confused as to why I only noticed it yesterday. It seems to obvious to have been overlooked before which means it may have just started flashing, very strange.

Ken

Reactivating this thread hoping for some help. My 100 won't start with any of the three keys and the immobiliser light keeps blinking. I just replaced the antennae amplifier, no luck. The antenna itself is ohming out as it has continuity. Does anyone have any ideas?

Not sure it will help but i occasionally lose synch on my 90 and holding both the lock and unlock buttons on the fob down for a few seconds sorts it .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back