Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what mileage can I expect

landcruiserjohnb

Hi Guys
Could you tell me what mileage I can expect with the 100 series please.
Both the 4,2 diesel and the V8 petrol.
At the moment I have the 80 series and its quite heavy on fuel.
cheers john

landcruiserjohnb said:
Hi Guys
Could you tell me what mileage I can expect with the 100 series please.
Both the 4,2 diesel and the V8 petrol.
At the moment I have the 80 series and its quite heavy on fuel.
cheers john

I suppose that depends on how they are maintained, but I would think you should get 250 K at least out of
either Diesel or Petrol,

Steve

On the Diesel I would say you would get a couple of extra MPG over the Diesel 80 - depends how you drive it. Fortunately or unfortunately the 100 is far more powereful and encourages you to drive it faster, however it is also wider and heavier which isn't going to help, however the engine is more efficient generally so if driven the same as the 80, expect a bit better economy.

For the petrol haven't a clue but I guess you could say not very good MPG which is why LPG is such a popular conversion for Petrol 100s.

I reckon on between about 22 around town to about 28 on a run (if I am gentle on the loud pedal) - probably average about 26 on my 100 Diesel.

Thanks guys
I have had the diesel cruiser for about 10 years now and always wondered what the more advanced diesel is like both in performance BHP and economy.
But I have also wondered what it would be like if I had the choice between the diesel and the petrol.
I have never seen the petrol cruiser nor heard the sound from the V8 engine, just not seen over here really.
The road tax per year is 1566 euro for either the petrol or diesel so that makes no difference.
But its just the actual running costs that I would like to know.
Im sure someone here can tell me what their experience is.
cheers
john

landcruiserjohnb said:
Thanks guys
I have had the diesel cruiser for about 10 years now and always wondered what the more advanced diesel is like both in performance BHP and economy.
But I have also wondered what it would be like if I had the choice between the diesel and the petrol.
I have never seen the petrol cruiser nor heard the sound from the V8 engine, just not seen over here really.
The road tax per year is 1566 euro for either the petrol or diesel so that makes no difference.
But its just the actual running costs that I would like to know.
Im sure someone here can tell me what their experience is.
cheers
john

Hi john, I was speaking to a man today who was saying how heavy on fuel his 100series deisel was and he has got a 80series again and thinks that is better. I have heard the petrol 100series on gas is very very good,a bloke i deal with had a petrol 100 and he has had many 80s and he couldnt beleive how good the petrol 100 was.
I think you are going to have alot of people tell you different stories on her regarding there fuel economy. I carnt get anywhere near what other people say they get. Maybe im just to heavy on the right foot. Good look with your finds on this matter.
karl

Hi Karl
Thanks for the info.
I know I agree its hard to really find out.
But I know a lot of guys keep accurate info on their mileage consumption which is what I hope to get.
In an ideal world it would be great to be able to test drive a petrol and a diesel 100 for a week or so, but then were not in that world.
cheers
john

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you are an economical driver John you might squeeze 18/19 out of a petrol although I've read claims of low 20's. I think mine did about 17 on a gentle run before I modified it, is 15 now driven slowly (about 14 on lpg). Mixed driving or high speed is more like 12 for LPG and 14 for petrol. For comparison, this is still much more economical than my 80 ever was based on miles per tank over a long period and these are realistic figurs not rose tinted ;) I don't think my 80 was particularly uneconomical either, when we would pull into the pumps Ray & I would fill to within £1 the same so it seems either pretty average for its configuration / driving style or a big coincidence.

Hi guys how are you all?
I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum thought it's time to put some info in instead of just taking it out :mrgreen:
I have got a 2001 105 Series witch has 1-HZ motor with Safari Turbo kit with a 3" pipe from top to bottom.
most of my driving is from home to work witch is about 16kms (10mile ish)
on the main tank i will get 520-540kms (320-335mile)
on the sub tank about 390-440kms (242-273mile)
Oh and i forgot to add that i run on 35" tyres also and the mileage is not taken off the speedo as if does not read right because of the tyres.
i was told over here that the size of your tyres play i big mileage, the bigger you go this less you get :evil:

Phil

My 80 4.5 with the mud terrains and no other mods seems to be about 15mpg. I think I need a 100 series V8 now! I can justify it as it will save me money on fuel... :)

Hi my 100 series 4.2TDI 5 speed manual averages 11.5L/100k or 24.5MPG city/highway city only 13L/100k or 21.7MPG all highway 10.5L/100k or 26.5MPG :thumbup:

Because of my key incident I am still on the same tank that I filled the morning of the last wales trip. 102 pounds to fill up from empty and the orange light just flickered today at 389 miles. I am not that heavy footed but do drive everywhere about 60. I have done all the pump mods so pretty pleased with it.

Back