Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What “series” is this? And what kind of kids could one do for Overlanding??

oneafrikan

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
2017 Toyota Land cruiser Invincible 2.8 D4D | eBay - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

No mileage listed, but… just wondering:
- what series is this model? 120?
- what are the mod options here? I’m assuming there would be a roof rack somewhere, but what about stuff like aftermarket bars & rear tyre carrier & tyres/lift options?
- and then does anyone use these models for Overlanding, or are they too “new” still and there isn’t an aftermarket to support the gear needed to turn a ULEZ compatible cruiser (I think) into an Overlander??

Anyone have any thoughts??

150 i think, i went on a trip with a 120, he had no room in his truck for his chair so i transported it around europe for two weeks....

It was on 120k miles a year ago so looks like it's been doing around 30k a year.

Love the typo their not making kids like they used to :lol:

Its a 150 and kit for modifications will likely have to come from Australia .

Seems to me Toyota decided to stop people putting bigger tyres on their vehicles about 20 years ago leaving only the 105 or 70 series as contenders for a more modern Bruiser .

ULEZ zones are no go areas peopled by weirdo's on bicycles , fortunately if your kitted out for overland you can go around these godforsaken places :icon-biggrin:

Thanks folks - I’m basically asking the question:
Is the 100 series the last land cruiser in the UK suitable for Overlanding? If so, then for longevity the Hilux is probably the only other viable Yota option, or importing a 70 series from Aus or SA.

Us for ULEZ, that is solved by moving out of London!

Bingo ! sell a house in London and you can afford to move to Britain :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sticking with the 80 for now.
If we can’t escape London before ULEZ costs are prohibitive then it may have to be sold. Hopefully not. I love it.

If we do have to sell, then after moving will look for options - Japan import / 70 series / Hilux / another UK 80

For now it’s undercover ;-)
92FE00B8-A2B4-42F4-8E5A-2FFB2CBFD4D7.jpeg

You can for now but it's slowly happening everywhere. Now that I'm not sleepless over mileage and maintenance it's these wicked anti-diesel schemes that keep me up at night. Where and when will I be able to drive the new truck and how much will it cost.

I just typed the reg into TfL knowing that they frequently mess up but no such luck this time - CC, ULEZ AND LEZ at £100 per day inside the M25 because it's down as a light goods vehicle. Must look into camper classification and see if that makes a difference.

Obviously I'd rather be driving around the Highlands than Hammersmith but sometimes life takes you through cities and the way these schemes expand far beyond city centres is worrying. I was in Wigan the other day and saw signs for the incoming greater Manchester CAZ. On our trip to Sweden we couldn't stop at my sister's house on the outskirts of Amsterdam and Hamburg was pretty much the only major city in Germany that was open to older diesel vehicles.

Last edited:
@Jacob100 that’s kinda why I think the Hilux is maybe a good compromise. The 2016+ models are Euro6 and you can still build a good rig with one. It’s not a Cruiser. But you can still live & go into a city and do stuff & also getting off the beaten track outdoors.

Yes, definitely - plus a million more options for a family with canopies, campers, demountables, etc.

Back