Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what yer got?

The wife and myself don't exchange gifts but it's the kids who we make it great for, they don't get a fortune spent on them but get things they've asked for, eldest 8 doesn't ask for much and the youngest 3 is happy with a new toy.

I've never been a big Xmas fan and the wife loves Xmas.

We've had friends round today who are like family, the in laws are round tomorrow and we've had a great few days as a family, played games, set toys up and ate far too much.

This had been the boy's favourite toy, a crane taller then him, electric controls and even better £10!

I set it up with his other diggers etc he has, his face was priceless
View attachment 152728
jack has that same digger set!
a lot of his toys are from the charity shop. he has a toy box that once it gets full the toys at the bottom go to the charity shop to make room for the new ones.

It's a great digger set

We have friends with younger children and a lot of the toys get passed along, we have a box of them when they come to visit too.
We gave one of the friends a 3 in 1 trike which has gone to their 11 month old daughter. Our kids used it and it was in great condition still, they're both really good at looking after their toys/books etc.

All our kid’s stuff has been recycled at least once.

It goes for toys, clothes and the usual kit, pushchair, playpen, highchair, pram thingy, cot, car seat and the like which gets treated as on loan and then returned, only to go out to someone else.

On the note of old toys, 33 month old nephew is back at the parents with my brother - nephew is excitedly exclaiming that he's playing with his Dad's old toys as our parents have dragged them out the loft for nephew to play with.

I still have some of mine. A 1968 Corgi Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and an American LaFrance articulated Aerial Ladder Truck. A few small Matchbox Superfast cars but no track and quite a few books which were Birthday and Christmas presents from Aunts and Uncles, long since gone, with nice inscriptions hand written on the inside front cover so I’ll never part with them. All the rest got passed down to my little Brother or given away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:eusa-shhh: shhh you will wake the christmas ghosts and there's no need to remind a man he promised to do something asap every year is there :shifty:

IMG_20181228_184450.jpg

Something the other small business owners might appreciate

On that note, we did just finish renovations at Chez Bob, and Mrs Bob's new kitchen is working a treat... Hence cheap prezzies this year!

Too early for me - we open presents after lunch (and after the washing-up) :icon-wink: .

Bob.

I got my cruiser back last week after it had 2 weeks of self isolation for corollavirus (otherwise known as rust - inner side of chassis rails, and above back axle - all sorted and coated) kept me happy for Christmas. Our little boy's first Christmas too, so all about him really

How you all have a safe and happy one.

We’re not doing presents this year but my neighbours didn’t get the memo so they turned up with a trailer net from Aldi and a gift pack of Swedish whisky miniatures which I thought was very nice.

Patrick got me a big workshop vice from a skip all rusted up a wood vice all rusted up from a skip a four wheel garden trolley rusty and banged up from a skip can you see a pattern here an archery bow needs a bit of fixing from a skip and a few more bits so all in all I am very happy with them got something for christmas got something to do up and not filling in any land

Clare and I didn't bother either with presents for each other. But i did get her a Rose bush in a Bucket from the BP Garage... Im now sat watching a Slow TV thing with a camera on the front of a Train going from Tirano to St Moritz.. So relaxing and Quiet... Looking out the Window wishing it would Snow, Fat chance 'Tho'...

Back