Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What’s the payload? How heavy have you carried before?

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Fellows, I am doing some gardening work and need to ferry stuff about, example, patio slab, planter timber, wood chips, ballast etc. All heavy stuff.
Checking online infor the LWB payload is around 800ish kg, is this what you can load into your collie including the driver weight? I am not taking just few miles run, some of them are 30 miles round trip to pick up wood chips and timber.
So how heavy have you put your collie under before? Without causing any issue or broken parts..

Payload of the Aussie ones are about 800 or slightly more. Personally I've fitted in a boot full
with camping stuff, clothes, etc plus me and my wife and son along with 100kg of trailer ball weight and 100kg of fuel in the tanks. Then pulling the other 900kg of trailer but that's not part of the vehicle load.

Heaviest I gone in my Colorado (LWB) is around 700kg - this was 25 x 25kg bags of builders sand plus me. Rear was a bit low but still fine. Did take it slow though as you could feel the extra weight, especially when braking.

Payload of the Aussie ones are about 800 or slightly more. Personally I've fitted in a boot full
with camping stuff, clothes, etc plus me and my wife and son along with 100kg of trailer ball weight and 100kg of fuel in the tanks. Then pulling the other 900kg of trailer but that's not part of the vehicle load.

That sounds quite fully loaded, aftermarket suspension and lift?

Heaviest I gone in my Colorado (LWB) is around 700kg - this was 25 x 25kg bags of builders sand plus me. Rear was a bit low but still fine. Did take it slow though as you could feel the extra weight, especially when braking.

All stock set up? Manual transmission?

Aftermarket shocks and front struts but no lift. I do have a weight distribution hitch which evens out the front and rear load a bit.

The camping gear is stuff like tools, table, clothes, food, fridge, etc. We did an exercise a while back to weigh things so I know we are in budget for vehicle and trailer payload but I'd not want to go much more and if we ever took anyone else along I'd have to leave stuff behind.

I don't know how people buying brand new 200 and 150 series manage with 500-600kg of payload especially if you have a bigger trailer. 250kg of people and 200kg of ball weight and 50kg of stuff and you are near limits before you filled up the tank. Trailers here tend to have 10% ball weight on average.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sucking eggs i know fold rear seats down and distribute weight forwards between the axles and front seat can take a crash test bag of something a thought if you got that much stuff to move could you not hire a lwb van for the day Cheaper to brake a hire van than your truck

Back