Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wheels and offsets ...

Jimmeh081

Country Flag
australia
Hey guys, looking at getting some 16 inch rims for my vdj79 but really am not sure on offsets etc.

Im looking at getting allied thunder rims and do like dish so I'm guessing the 16x10 with -44 offset would give me the most.
But will that work without too much scrubbing etc?
I'm planning on running 315/75/16 (35's)
I currently have a 2" ome lift
just the nitro shockers
or will a 16x8 with -12 work. better?

any help would be appreciated.
If I can get away without changing my suspension that would be good as its not very old at all.

thanks lads!

Hi Jim (I’m guessing) welcome aboard.

Wheels and tyres and how they clear or interfere with body and chassis parts on different vehicles is a difficult one.

What I’d suggest is that you try to borrow a similar wheel and tyre set-up (or preferably all 4) and try them out.

I’m running 305/70s on 16 x 10 with -20 offset steels on my 80 with a 4” suspension lift with no issues, but the front steer on full lock still comes close to the back of the front wheel arch.

I think that’s going to be the place to focus on.

Alternatively, you could mock up an existing wheel with taped on packing (rolled paper or pieces of wood) to see how it looks for clearance. It will be crude, but it might give you an idea whether it’s viable.

If you know your existing wheel dimensions (assuming the dia to be 16”) you can mock up the position of a 315 (within a few mm) making allowance for the wider 10” rim and the -44 offset, as well as the rolling dia with a 75% wall height (appx 2 x 240mm on the diameter).

Back