Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WHERE CAN ONE GO OFF ROADING?

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Hi All,

Where is it possible to go offroading? (without destroying the vehicle).

Is there any place where one can go for a day and learn from experts also, I want to improve my skills on 4x4ing.

I have the 80 series, which has a lpg tank underneath (Spare tyre place), therefore do not want to damage that, so need a moderate trip.

Cheers
Ps, I love the truck too much to hurt it.

Come along to the Plain, good mix that even the shinies can manage.

Yes Paul beat me to it but was just going to say come up to salisbury plain with us. nothing damaging up there if you don't want to.

Tommo&Claire said:
Yes Paul beat me to it but was just going to say come up to salisbury plain with us. nothing damaging up there if you don't want to.
I might have to come along there, I mean after all, I wouldn't want to damage mine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chas

How about lincomb farm? Great place to learn safely. Its next weekend so if you want to go register quick.

You wont damage the LPG tank. They are stupid strong. Worst i have read is some one knocking the tank and dislodging the fuel lines. From what i understand there are safety valves on the tank that will shut automatically if gas is being released too quickly, as in if you rip off a fuel line.

Lincombe is great. You should try come if you can. Something for everyone there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Look in the orange explorer OS maps and Byways are shown there, from these maps u can judge the landscape if you wanna do it or not. Am interested in hearing about your LPG in u car if it's superb and any problems also does it have flashlube? As thinking of installing LPG in mine. Cheers :D

stevoyorke said:
Look in the orange explorer OS maps and Byways are shown there, from these maps u can judge the landscape if you wanna do it or not. Am interested in hearing about your LPG in u car if it's superb and any problems also does it have flashlube? As thinking of installing LPG in mine. Cheers :D
Steve

The wife's 80 is going in tomorrow for the LPG fitting, with flashlube. I can let you know how we get on.
I had LPG on my old Disco and saved loads of dosh over the years.

Ryan Thomson said:
You wont damage the LPG tank. They are stupid strong. Worst i have read is some one knocking the tank and dislodging the fuel lines. From what i understand there are safety valves on the tank that will shut automatically if gas is being released too quickly, as in if you rip off a fuel line.

Ryan is dead right, I shifted one of my tanks about 3" backwards once and the line parted. When it was all repaired the tank was still half full.

That would be great to hear more how that went and pics of the finish if poss? Am thinking there is a hugh space above the spare wheel for the tank installation on mine as before I purchased my vx, tanks in the boot in cars i looked at took up too much space being fixed. Had quote from two dealers one says flashlube is required the other not!! Am learning here heh

You should be able to do the same on an 80 as I did on my 100 re tank location if you want it up out of the way.

If you're having the Electronic Flashlube kit, check it's the latest version as the earlier versions regularly fail ;) Flashlube doesn't 100% eliminate valve recession but it helps a lot. You should still check and adjust your valve clearances from time to time.

I should have a surplus band new Electronic Flashlube kit soon ;)

Sounds good on your 100, do u have any pics of the tank location so that i can see how its done and do the same, yes it pretty similar between the two cars, my bro got the 100 in Oz! Where do I look up this new electronic flash lube, would be interested if u have a surplus one. Cheers

Jon,

What benefits would the electronic kit have over the manual one :?: How do the old ones fail?

Are you getting rid of yours, if so why? Or do you have more than one?

Must say the electronic one sure looks alot prettier than the one i have.

kamalsrana said:
Hi All,

Where is it possible to go offroading? (without destroying the vehicle).

Is there any place where one can go for a day and learn from experts also, I want to improve my skills on 4x4ing.

I have the 80 series, which has a lpg tank underneath (Spare tyre place), therefore do not want to damage that, so need a moderate trip.

Cheers
Ps, I love the truck too much to hurt it.
Hi, the system I got in mine 3 years ago, its a German system called Prins. It was the the best one available at that time, the owner of the LPG service centre also had an 80 series with the same system and the flashlube system is the one which manually drips via vaccum and feeds into the air intake.

The vaccum flashlube needs constant attention as it vibration causes the nipple adjustment to move, so you will have to check every now and then to see if it is dripping right, a drop per 4 seconds on idle speed roughly.

I dont have the electronic system so cant comment, do ask your fitter about the benefits of both.

We have not adjusted the valves in this 3 year period, the vehicle is smooth, we only get a misfire when the car is on low revs and when you pick up speed, there is a flat splutter and then it cruises as normal, no power loss etc.

So good luck, I prefer it especially as fuel costs tumble, but, do drive it on petrol regularly to keep the valves in good order.

Good luck.

stevoyorke said:
Sounds good on your 100, do u have any pics of the tank location so that i can see how its done and do the same, yes it pretty similar between the two cars, my bro got the 100 in Oz! Where do I look up this new electronic flash lube, would be interested if u have a surplus one. Cheers
This thread has some pics of the tank http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7266

Ryan Thomson said:
What benefits would the electronic kit have over the manual one :?: How do the old ones fail?
The electronic ones sample the injector signal to calculate the Flashlube delivery rate so it should deliver a volume more appropriate to engine speed & load which should result in more efficient running and consumption of oil. I've had two of the older design fail, they stop pumping fluid. It's an acknowledged fault that they updated the design to fix.

Ryan Thomson said:
Are you getting rid of yours, if so why? Or do you have more than one?
For various reasons I ended up with two kits, one of which has been swapped for the newer design and put on my 100 and the other i'm about to send back to be swapped as well.

To the OP, another vote for you to come to Lincomb ;)

Hey Jon,

If you do end up having a spare one you want to get rid of and Steveoyorke doesn't take you up on the offer, i'd gladly take it off your hands :thumbup:

Kamalsrana,

Yes come to lincombe :!: The petrol brethren are definitely lacking in numbers. :D

Interesting reading guys thanks, professautogas say they can do the system using stag set up in a day and is cheaper so probably will use them when ready to do so. Great pics of the 100 series and the write up. Excellent.

Back