Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which Mile Marker have i bought?

Rob

Garage
I have jsut picked up a winch but i have no idea if its the 10000lb or the 12000lb. I hope its not anything else :oops:

Some pics (sorry about the quality)
29032010023.jpg

29032010024.jpg

29032010026.jpg

Any ideas?

I have an Ox hydraulic winch which I think is just a rebadged Milemarker - it does not look like that!

Ian

Rob said:
Any ideas?

Yes, take some better pictures :mrgreen: Apart from that it's a winch and you got the rope as well there's not a lot to see from those pics ;)

This is defiantly Mile Marker, I have checked the serial number with the UK Mile Marker distributor and they confirmed that it is a Mile Marker but could not tell me which one. They also told me the brake was in a different position so the H10 and H12 look different.

Is yours 10000lb Ian?

Jon Wildsmith said:
Rob said:
Any ideas?

Yes, take some better pictures :mrgreen: Apart from that it's a winch and you got the rope as well there's not a lot to see from those pics ;)
Will do that tomorrow, when i have a charged camera.... and some light...

Rob said:
Is yours 10000lb Ian?

I think it is a 10,500lb. Don't know much about it except it has worked every time I've needed it, maintenance has been wash it with a hosepipe and it pulls really strongly but slowly.

Jon might be able to add more as it used to be his.

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Some better pics and possibly a result.

Looking at the Mile Marker website it clearly is a H series winch (70 series) with the solenoid mounted remotely. What you cant tell is which one as they all look the same to me.

DSC08024.JPG

DSC08026.JPG

the only plate i could find is the motor one:
DSC08023.JPG

Looking on the White Drive website i easily recognised that this is a RS 200 and looking at the plaque it is the 293 cc motor (17.9 in3/rev). Going back to the Mile Marker website i found that the H10500 has a 17.9 cubic inch motor, so i have a 10500lb winch. But the only downside to this is that i cant find the other motors described in the Mile Marker catalogue (9k: 14 cubic inch 12k: 19.5 cubic inch) on the White Drive website :? Looking at the pics of the 9K, 10.5K and 12K winch they seem to use the same type of motor (RS 200) except the 12k looks bigger.

Conclusive evidence?

Sounds like the 10k then doesn't it. Any pics of the solenoid pack? One of the reasons the Ox is so slow is TJM put a different motor on so it would still give the rated pull from a typical asian PS pump. I think the MM's specify higher flow rates more typical of American trucks but that may no longer be the case, my information is from 2004/2005 and they might have changed practice. The Ox also has a pressure sensing bypass so you still have power steering while winching (winch actually stops while you turn the wheel though) nut sure if the MM solenoids included that feature either. Someone like Allen Burns(?) at Alfred Murray (if he's still there) could probably give you chapter and verse on that.

I have spoken to Allen in the past and i remember him saying that you either have steering or winching on the Mile Markers. The trouble is that he sold his business to First Four Offroad equipment and they dont seem to have acquired all the knowledge, for instance they dont sell a bolt on kit for the 80 as it doesn't 'exist'. Also his contact details on his website point to First Four so i cant speak to him directly. He did mention that he will stay involved in the technical side of things.

I need a new remote as it didnt come with one. I also need to figure out how it attaches to the PS pump to see what's missing. I was not there when it was removed and he seemed like a rather careless breaker.

Will post picks of the solenoid and pipes when it stops raining :roll:

Called up Mile Marker US and they confirmed that it is a 10,500lb winch :D

Got some photos of the pipes. Do i have all i need to bolt it onto the PS pump?
DSC08027.JPG

DSC08030.JPG

these are the PS attachments:
DSC08029.JPG

and the winch attachments:
DSC08031.JPG

Those look about right Rob, slightly different to the Ox arrangement but same job. The pipe with the banjo will replace and existing pipe connection and the other pipe you attach the original pipe banjo to. Now you just have to figure out where you tap into the circuit, is it on the box or the pump?

Jon Wildsmith said:
The pipe with the banjo will replace and existing pipe connection and the other pipe you attach the original pipe banjo to.

Banjo? Odd name for a pipe connector. Which one has the banjo on it as a google search suggested that both are banjos
DSC08029%20-%20Copy.JPG

I need to plumb into both the PS pump and box according the the user manual. I will start a new thread on how to install it on the 80.

The red one is what I'm calling a banjo. The green one looks like it has an adaptor on the end to accept the OEM pipe's banjo.

The ones with the solenoids mounted at the winch like Ian's have one pipe to the pump and one pipe to the box and replace the OEM pipe. What you have there looks like it's designed to go in series with the OEM pipe, being patched in at an existing connection. So long as you choose the high pressure line and not the return it won't matter if it's the pump or box end but one may be easier to get at than the other or there might be different fittings that decide it.

Back