Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why are BP finishing off all the LPG stations one by one?

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
I converted my 80 series to LPG, cos it felt like a sensible thing to do and I do like the LPG system, I have an account with BP and used to fill up easily on my route to london via herts.

Is this because the greedy Govt. is taxing the LPG Pumps so highly that they are more of a nuisance, as maintenance is higher for these pumps or is it that enough people did not convert so sales are not covering costs, therefore, pumps have to go?

Does anyone know of a BP in the Herts SG13 area, that does LPG?

Seems the nearest one is in Southgate and the tank would get half empty after filling up, as its a good few miles from my yard...

Tesco in Hatfield have also stopped doing LPG..... What is going on?

The way the fuel prices are going, maybe we all need to take our cruisers on a mission to blockade key roads until Govt reduces prices....Dunno what to do, dont want to sell my 80 yet... But high costs might drive me to do the unthinkable....

Re: Why are BP finishing off all the LPG stations one by one

It's usually a lot more expensive at the big garages compared to a back street place anyway. I'm spoilt for choice with two small cheap places and a more expensive Shell station within a couple of miles. If I'm going further than a tank of gas will get me I just use petrol when the gas runs out unless wherever I happen to pull up also has lpg.

Here in North London, big shartage of LPG pumps. :?

As you have your own yard have you thought of putting your own tank in ? then as your buying in bulk price will be cheaper, take a while to get your initial outlay back.

Hi, never thought of that, yes I will find out how to get one, that will make my life much easier.

Thanks.

I also hear that you can buy an adapter off the interweb that can be plumbed into your central heating LPG tank. Cheap fill ups but oviously totally illegal........if your caught :whistle: :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm into hot air ballooning, they use LPG & our club has it's own tank, works out around 40 ppl & we never put it any of our vehicles, Cough.

Back