Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

i think a lot of these folk had far too much time on there hands during the lockdowns..
the very fact that these internet warrior narcissists can spout such bile, is proof in itself that we live in a reasonable free and democratic society.
they should spend a bit of time in hong kong or myanmar...

Ironic that on the new "freedom" day, the PM, the Chancellor and the Health Secretary are all isolating.

Reminds me of this....

1626614811062.png

Well they initially said they weren't as they were (very conveniently) part of pilot, that didn't need to isolate but would be tested daily.

Then as usual, they saw the public uproar about "one rule for them and one rule for the plebs" and did a swift U-turn.

Also very conveniently, Boris got "pinged" when he was at Chequers, even though eyewitness saw him in No. 10 in the morning......

It's just all smoke and mirrors - don't get me started on this government. They don't even bother to cover up their lies anymore, that's how arrogant they've become.

July the 19th freedom day. What a load of sxxt, steep rates of infection in a third wave, health secretary has covid and the associates have to stay at home!

What a bunch of waxxers who are incompetent and in isolation... the country is a joke and people still think they're the best that can be!

With the happenings that are going on I am tempted to sell up and get out but in respect of that I can only go for 90 days!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Who on here has had covid? I had it around a year ago.

My Brother has had it twice, in April and November last year, the second time not quite as bad as the first so don't go thinking you're immune because you've had it, you're not. It's also possible to catch two different strains apparently. A 90 year old woman who died from Covid tested positive for two.

My Brother has had it twice, in April and November last year, the second time not quite as bad as the first so don't go thinking you're immune because you've had it, you're not. It's also possible to catch two different strains apparently. A 90 year old woman who died from Covid tested positive for two.
how was your brother the first time he had it TP?
if you dont mind me asking

First time round it was a really heavy persistent cough. When he gets an "ordinary" cold or Flu he usually gets a bad chest with it but I've never seen him cough like he did with Covid, it was worrying. The cough lasted around 10 days with slight shortness of breath on exertion but he suffered from fatigue for several weeks after. Second time around, no cough or breathlessness, just chronic fatigue which lasted around a month or so. He's since had both jabs, the first of which gave him very mild fatigue symptoms for a couple of days.

thanks TP.
good to know he came through it.

Here we go again five friends of me neighbours went to the Wembley event footyball calamity thingy and turns out four have tested positive for the bug so are we entering a third wave soon or is a continuation of the first one more freedom to travel partying and mixing the more casualties me brain functions enough for me to sort the sh17 from truths and untruths and to respect other people's views if I'm outdoors walking Esme don't bother with mask thats my right at the moment but if I'm asked to wear a mask indoors then you got to respect the wishes of others
The bug is on the up how much respect have you got for others will this ever end

The problem is becoming more apparent that large group gatherings are spreader events, wimbledom 40k, euro final 60k very uncontrolled, silverstone f1 140k.

The vax is a step behind and seeing how the delta mutated in India, more this, more that etc.

With the lowering of "guard" in lil old england with it's reckless release of restrictions.

Is there a new varient thats vax resistant forming in force in the future?

Now is the time to be more carefull than no1 and no2.???

They're concerned about the Beta (African) variant that's spreading in France and harder to knock down with the vaccine apparently. I see a vaccine "passport" scheme is being planned for indoor venues later this year, no vaccination, you don't get in. Make of that what you will but the fact is we're living in times unprecedented for a large majority of the population. I hate to mention the War but those that lived through it saw saw rules and regulations implemented and the curbing of freedoms far in excess of what we're witnessing now and make no mistake, this is a war that isn't ending any time soon. JMO

The problem is becoming more apparent that large group gatherings are spreader events, wimbledom 40k, euro final 60k very uncontrolled, silverstone f1 140k.

The vax is a step behind and seeing how the delta mutated in India, more this, more that etc.

With the lowering of "guard" in lil old england with it's reckless release of restrictions.

Is there a new varient thats vax resistant forming in force in the future?

Now is the time to be more carefull than no1 and no2.???

Mate. freedom people have been meeting every week all over the world. londen is seeing over a million weekly.

Here we go again five friends of me neighbours went to the Wembley event footyball calamity thingy and turns out four have tested positive for the bug so are we entering a third wave soon or is a continuation of the first one more freedom to travel partying and mixing the more casualties me brain functions enough for me to sort the sh17 from truths and untruths and to respect other people's views if I'm outdoors walking Esme don't bother with mask thats my right at the moment but if I'm asked to wear a mask indoors then you got to respect the wishes of others
The bug is on the up how much respect have you got for others will this ever end
steve, my plan of attack through all of this has been, as in any dodgy situation; observe and assess the situation and any available information, and act accordingly in the best way i see fit. to protect my family, friends and myself.

the original lock down was a response by the government to assess what they were dealing with. no one knew how bad this could actually be. the now cliche line of "protect the NHS" was and is a valid one. if the NHS was overwhelmed and a member of your family became seriously ill with covid, or anything else for that matter. you could be ringing 999 with no one picking up the phone, if you were lucky enough to get an ambulance you could find yourself being treated in the hospital car park.

no sane government wants to stop its population from working and basically be on state aid.
no sane government wants its its social and economic infrastructure to break down.

now with the percentage of the population that have been vaccinated the government are taking a calculated risk. cases of infection will soar. theres no secret black magic conspiracy theory bullshit here, its just basic common sense.
the government are hoping the NHS will cope, people will get back to work again, paying tax again, spending again and feeling free again and life is hunky dory again.

no one has told mr covid 19 this though. so forget the hysteria and BS, and do what you think is best for your family, friends and yourself.

Mate. freedom people have been meeting every week all over the world. londen is seeing over a million weekly.
I don't care about freedom so much (I don't go anywhere and only goto one shop!), It's whether its safe? London will see more than a million per week. when an antivax mutation happens from an idiot buffoon's decision which puts the economy above peoples health.

And the idiot took us out of the single market which wasn't on the voting slip.
if it was on the voting slip i would of put two crosses instead of the one..

I don't care about freedom so much (I don't go anywhere and only goto one shop!), It's whether its safe? London will see more than a million per week. when an antivax mutation happens from an idiot buffoon's decision which puts the economy above peoples health.
health care needs paying for.
communism doesnt work. move on...

Back