Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

if the safety net has been cut back to the point of being unfit for purpose due to fraudulent claimants. that only re enforces my belief they should be rooted out.
A myth was built to justify cutting back dole and disability , causing suspicion and resentment amongst ordinary folks .Estimated fraud 2019 - 2020 is between 900 million & 2.2 billion , not small change but about 1% .Unclaimed benefits .estimates vary but between 15 to 20 billion.Tax evasion .the governments own figures estimate this at more than 7 billion , a figure hotly contested by tax campaigners but by HMRC s own figures the total tax gap , when taking into account uncollected tax is 34 billion.
Public perception is that more than a quarter of Benefit are claimed fraudulently , i wonder why ? The reality is Mike that folks like you , ordinary workers have been convinced that a small minority are a massive problem & so you've cut the ground out from under your own feet because if you ever need dole or sick pay or disability for more than a few months everything you've worked for will be in jeopardy .
This contrasts with the generosity shown to business during Covid & help given , rightly so to folks on furlough.The poor have always been demonised & made to feel ashamed .Ultimately we should all be responsible for our lives but not everyone has the same circumstances or opportunities .We can't all be lawyers or accountants , someone has to do the essential work , the 40% that kept things going during the lockdown. A lot of these folks are struggling to survive with tax credits barely keeping them afloat , a system that subsidises low pay - a family memeber worked at a company with a 150 million yearly turnover & 85% of the workforce were on minimum wage or just above.
So stay safe and healthy Mike & keep your fingers crossed.

76649290-2A53-4306-9444-70DA6DC9FEC4.jpeg

At the beginning of first wave we saw news sick patients n images of people lying outside on streets near hospitals in Italy, India during 2nd wave not much in news but heard of hospitals not taking up covid patients. US was at the top but their vaccinations program was good so quickly was under control. UK healthcare system did well in avoiding such worse outcomes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Educated people make calculated decisions from an educated background.... i.e from what you are taught.

Not from being a person who dropped out of school with no education.

Calling me a communist reveals this very fact... that you are dissatisfied or were deceived.

A question? Now that you have your brexit, are you happy that you have it? I ask because you are filled with anger... if you are satisfied then surely you wouldn't need to be so angry and have to make accusations.

If you've succeeded then you shouldn't be bothered as you have exactly what you voted for? and we have what you voted for too!

In my house I had AZ and Mrs had Moderna. After completing 2nd dose a week ago, she fell ill with symptoms similar to covid, tested twice but negative so its clear these are Moderna side effects. shortness of breath on exertion, wheezing, cough, fever and body pains for first two days. Today is 9th day and still not recovered.
She already reported to MHRA. I too reported.

Anyone taking vaccines please report side effects to MHRA. We can report at any time even after months or years later if we remember details. This collective data will be helpful to those already received and future vaccinations as well. Its completely anonymous, safe to report. We can choose if we wanted to be contacted or not.

The US had quite a terrible experience in the first round. Lots of freezer lorries were brought in to hold bodies and the overall health system stated to fall apart.

Even now, in the so called third wave, the situation is grim. It's being called a pandemic of the unvaccinated but in reality lots of people who are vaccinated too are falling ill. It's just the unvaccinated that are dying in very large numbers.

Let's remember though that the US and France and UK etc remain a relatively open and free nations. China has had entire villages wiped out, but no one knows because they 'control' the message. India has come down really hard on media reporting too, but there is a fair bit of news that snakes out.

Spare a thought for the rest of the world. Can only imagine what the situation is like - we all get out of this only when the entirety of the world gets past it - which is not going to happen ( or if it does, it won't be in a hurry ).

Educated people make calculated decisions from an educated background.... i.e from what you are taught.

Not from being a person who dropped out of school with no education.

Calling me a communist reveals this very fact... that you are dissatisfied or were deceived.

A question? Now that you have your brexit, are you happy that you have it? I ask because you are filled with anger... if you are satisfied then surely you wouldn't need to be so angry and have to make accusations.

If you've succeeded then you shouldn't be bothered as you have exactly what you voted for? and we have what you voted for too!
whoooooshhhhh!!

"wow" was directed at your arrogant and condescending post on how "educated" you are. not the fact that you have an economics degree, are you sure you didnt mean home economics? as you seemed to struggle with the fact, iirc that you need to pass on the price increase of materials to your customers...

now that ive declared myself to be uneducated,(i really cant be bothered to tell you which direction i went in when i left school). you seem to have come out of your shell a little. i fit in with your small minded narrative of the brexit voter.

where did i call you a communist?
that you are dissatisfied or were deceived.
eh???

for all i know GOB may think im a complete knob, and i really wouldnt care, but i enjoy the exchanges we have for the most part. we will never agree with each other, but he is capable of a reasoned, civilised debate. sure, things may get heated now and then.

you on the other hand, i find your posts toxic, aggressive and caustic of tone.

please, give me an example of this inner rage i have?? in fact ill throw this right back at you, because you are the one who appears to have these emotions.

after all, i got what i voted for. you didnt..

In my house I had AZ and Mrs had Moderna. After completing 2nd dose a week ago, she fell ill with symptoms similar to covid, tested twice but negative so its clear these are Moderna side effects. shortness of breath on exertion, wheezing, cough, fever and body pains for first two days. Today is 9th day and still not recovered.
She already reported to MHRA. I too reported.

Anyone taking vaccines please report side effects to MHRA. We can report at any time even after months or years later if we remember details. This collective data will be helpful to those already received and future vaccinations as well. Its completely anonymous, safe to report. We can choose if we wanted to be contacted or not.

thats interesting, i always thought the AZ made you feel a bit ropy, is the moderna a traditional style vaccine like the AZ?
i know the pfizer has the fancy tech, less ropyness?

Back