Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

You couldn't make it up....

jonnyboy54321

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
You couldn't make it up! Even by my standards....

Collected new Range Rover an hour ago. Humble faced.....

Turned out to be the shortest defection in history......

5 mins ago I agreed to take a 95 in part payment of a debt !!!!!!
Its a nice up together solid one, a VX, needs some loving. Loving will either have to wait, or be by proxy (lol) as I go into hospital for an elbow operation on Monday that puts me out of action for three months.....

Watch this space. Haven't told Mrs JB yet, we're heading away for the weekend so I'll wait till I've bought her some "liquid relaxant" !!!

:thumbup:

Tell her when your in the hospital and life support is on hand :|

Just don't say anything. Will she know the difference between the old and new? Tell her the dealer was a nice guy and wanted you to keep it....

If it's the same colour it's the same car……

Isn't it??……

[emoji4] it is my firm belief she is not on her own in that.…[emoji23]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you only just regained consciousness then JB? [emoji23]

Look what landed on my driveway today
DSC_0462 - Copy.JPG

1997 3.0 TD VX auto with all the bells and whistles, 150k miles.
Drives quite nicely (apparently, my mechanic pal brought it on his trade insurance).
Needs a bit of TLC as has stood for a little while but seems very solid indeed and completely original.
On the agenda is brakes all round, cambelt kit, I think part of the exhaust, a decent service, wheel refurb or a swap set, possibly a tyre or two then off for MOT to see where it's at. Oh, and a good clean.

Excuse the crappy picture and yes the batteries are on charge as we had to jump it !!

Last edited:
Looks nice. You have proved that it is easier to get forgiveness than permission!

What's the Rangie?

Good to have a LC for when the RR is broken.

Last edited:
So quite a productive day today (until half 2 anyway.....).
One new battery as second one tests up as very strong.
Serviced the truck - all filters, oil and the likes.
Cambelt changed.
DSC_0535.JPG
New centre and back box exhaust with appropriate gaskets.
Axle breather unblocked so halfshaft seal not done at this stage.
New rear discs, pads, bloody good clean up of carriers and sliders, handbrake shoes had been done recently ish so didn't do those but all springs etc looked very new.
DSC_0537.JPG
Just about to put back together and the osr caliper blew a seal so that stopped that. Ah well - better it happened now.

Left to do:-

A damned good clean tomorrow.

Next Friday:-
Caliper then get up together at back end with handbrake cable adjustment (established as good).
Front discs and pads
One tyre
Coolant flush, new thermostat and new coolant.
A good steam clean

Then up for MOT.

Actually gents, let me ask this:-

50/50 answers were what I got from various sources both on and offline were the responses to my questions of this morning:-

Which oil, 10w40 semi or 5w30 full synthetic
Which coolant - blue or red?

I use 5w/30 semi coz thats what roughtrax sell , which reminds me i have full synth 5w/30 in it right now which needs changed because it only went in to flush the system a bit . Red coolant .

We've done it with 10w40 semi but I am happy to drop that out if its wrong.
Have red coolant in stock which is good

10w40 semi is spot on.

Red - the important thing imo is to check it with a hydro thing to ensure its the correct mix. I think on this engine its important to ensure everything is done to minimise the head overheating, not as bad as the 2.4 but it isnt uncommon.

Did you change the front and rear diff oils - rear is easy but front is a faff, down a pipe from above was simplest but removing the plate underneath is a pain.

Good day yesterday.
Rear brakes completed.
Axle breather freed, cleared and refitted.
Coolant flush and changed.
Front brakes sorted.
We've noticed there may be the need for a couple of injector seals on the horizon, so anyone with some hints/tips would be appreciated :)

Back