Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

YOUR story with LandCruiser!

Finally a 40. Good history of Cruisers Ben, got all the best bits. I would have missed the 61 too if I were you. The new 60 Looks solid. A23BA3E7-8762-4468-ADC2-766373DEE5C1.jpeg
Has she got the 12 HT as well?

Last edited:
No it has a stonking but quite slow 2H with 230k miles on it. Looks were deceiving,
it did look quite bad when i bought it but once mud flaps were removed and i had a better poke around then just how bad became evident. Ive seen much worse though.
its now had inner and outer rear quarters, rear wheel arches, sills and inner front wings.
nearly everything else has been rebuilt or refurbed or replaced except the engine.

Sounds like you have done a fair bit, but these should last you a long time….

2H is very reliable, albeit not a rocket ship.

There are heap of infor. on tourer set up, 12v etc. on YouTube especially from Down Under. Australian loves their cruisers and they have a vast area to drive them around, watching those 4wd YouTube videos is one of my past time now. Especially those from 4WD 24/7.

There are heap of infor. on tourer set up, 12v etc. on YouTube especially from Down Under. Australian loves their cruisers and they have a vast area to drive them around, watching those 4wd YouTube videos is one of my past time now. Especially those from 4WD 24/7.
Yes there are loads of good looking tracks / routes in most areas except UK unfortunately, but I doubt I would risk tackling anything hard even if there were the opportunity for risk of damaging something. I would get another truck too if i were doing that.
so there wont be any bullbars / winch etc just mods for off grid travel.

Yes there are loads of good looking tracks / routes in most areas except UK unfortunately, but I doubt I would risk tackling anything hard even if there were the opportunity for risk of damaging something. I would get another truck too if i were doing that.
so there wont be any bullbars / winch etc just mods for off grid travel.

Agree, those are too hard core. But really enjoy watching how they push their cars hard. Mine doesn’t see mud a lot to be honest.

In the UK, green laning…

The only one I have had.
The best of all the 4x4s I’ve had, and no intention of getting rid of it
Will probably be the last vehicle ( hopefully) I own, when I ever have to give up driving
( many years down the road I hope)
7AD45997-91DF-4F0D-A368-02FEACBBE3E1.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good point, you don't find owners of other makes getting quite so attached to their vehicles.
The biggest pity is most of us who really like and appreciate them are unlikely to be wealthy enough to willingly weather the depreciation from buying them new.
We did buy a Hilux new in 2007, top spec too, selling it 3 years later i shall regret to the day i pop off, had maintained and rustproofed it with lifelong ownership in mind...still the next owner got a good un as verified by its continuing perfect MOT history.

Back