Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello

eatapeach

Hi, I'm Richard and I'm from Stalybridge. That's in Cheshire but too close to Manchester for my liking!

I'm self employed and work in computing - which isn't my passion but is how I earn money. My real interests are photography and playing guitar.
I'm also a member on the "dark side" forum as I've heard it called on here.
I've always had four wheel drives, right from my early twenties. These have included an ex army LR lightweight, two shoguns, a Disco, a BMW era RR, three cruisers and a Touareg. As you can see there is only one that I've chosen for a second (even third) time!

I need a vehicle that will carry my family, get me there every time, tow a large caravan and tow a boat!

I'm currently without a LC - my last 100 was used as my main car, I sold that and I'm using a fuel efficient daily driver. I've had both 80s and 100s - I'm struggling to decide exactly what I want next as it won't be used on a daily basis. Do I spend more to get a 100 and have it sitting there most of the time or get an older one that might need more spending on it.....every time I decide on an 80 I remember the faultless performance of the 100s and go right back to the drawing board!

I'm looking forward to being a member on a more active forum!!

Here's a few pictures of the cruisers I've had:

The first 100 series - 1999MY

IMG_1415.jpg

Second 100 series - 2004MY.

05012010207.jpg

1994MY 80

smallIMG_0764.jpg

smallIMG_0762.jpg

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Nice cruiser history, but what a current dilemma that you find yourself in, 100 or 80! By your description of use it doesn't sound like you need the 80's solid front axle, or that you are planning to add any toys to the vehicle to enhance its off road usability, so I guess another 100 may suit your planned use and be more comfortable on the road.

There was a member on here recently who advertised a rather nice anniversary model 100 series that may interest you, if it's still available, have a search.

Cheers.

Scott said:
Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Nice cruiser history, but what a current dilemma that you find yourself in, 100 or 80! By your description of use it doesn't sound like you need the 80's solid front axle, or that you are planning to add any toys to the vehicle to enhance its off road usability, so I guess another 100 may suit your planned use and be more comfortable on the road.

There was a member on here recently who advertised a rather nice anniversary model 100 series that may interest you, if it's still available, have a search.

Cheers.

cheers scott. Yes - I don't need a front locker and don't plan to do any serious offroading - it's mostly down to price I guess. I think I know the car (and seller) you're talking about but I don't think he's yet 100% ready to sell.

OTOH I do quite fancy getting an 80 and making sure it's 100% so the only think we' re certain of is I don't know what I'm doing!

Pictures of my recent purchase. On the beach for about 15 minutes, even in reverse up a dune with one wheel spinning I couldn't get the rear locker to engage. I need to work out what to do next.....

_MG_3613.jpg

_MG_3610.jpg

_MG_3607.jpg

_MG_3608.jpg

_MG_3606.jpg

_MG_3604.jpg

That looks a nice tidy stead Rich :cool: Rather like Muxley when I first got him :mrgreen:

What year is yours? Mileage etc...

Cheers

Gav Peter said:
That looks a nice tidy stead Rich :cool: Rather like Muxley when I first got him :mrgreen:

What year is yours? Mileage etc...

Cheers

It's a 93 with 199k. It's got a big list of bills and receipts with it which I need to sort out so that I know what's been done when - but it's had BEBs, cambelt, new brakes all round, front axle rebuild yadda yadda yadda. Drives like a champ (touch wood!) and much better than the grey one I had. Now for the list of jobs to do :violin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back