Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovinia, Croatia, Slovenia by 80-Series!

MikesVX80

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
So we completed our 3,500 mile trip (in 2 weeks!) round Europe, taking in: Holland, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, back into Austria and Germany, France and home.

Car performed faultlessly, was happily cruising at 75mph on the motorway even with the rooftent, awning and fully loaded boot! And it soaked up all the offroad stuff with ease.

A few select pictures for anyone who's interested:

IMG_2742.JPG
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2957.JPG
IMG_2956.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG
IMG_2979.JPG
IMG_2775.JPG
IMG_2872.JPG

Enjoy :)

And very nice too Mike, a wonderful part of Europe in the old sense (meaning not the EU).

Do you think you saw (in such a short time) enough? Many folks I've encountered have said they would like to return, to see (especially Croatia) the places in more detail.

I'm a lot closer, but sadly no time available for such a tour... Yet!

Thanks for the time taken to post....

Thanks Clive! We did Holland/Germany/Austria/Hungary in 2 days, and Serbia in another. Our main focus was Montenegro, and we joined Marcin from 4x4zone.co.uk for an offroad tour around Montenegro for 8/9 days, going up through all the national parks and stuff, which was brilliant. We then spent a couple of days making our way back across Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia - didn't see much of them, I think another 2 week tour for those three would be good! Then the long drive home, culiminating in Munich to London in one 14.5 hour long day of driving and Eurotunnel - exhausting!!

Did the whole trip without any form of breakdown cover too - still can't decide if that was foolish or very trusting on the car, but we didn't need it so lets go with the latter! ;)

By the way, if you wanted to do the Montenegro Tour you meet Marcin in Mako, Hungary (but could just as easily meet him in Serbia if you prefer), and the Montenegro bit is 8/9 days as I said, well worth it and for you an easy spot to get to!).

Last edited:
And very nice too Mike, a wonderful part of Europe in the old sense (meaning not the EU).

Do you think you saw (in such a short time) enough? Many folks I've encountered have said they would like to return, to see (especially Croatia) the places in more detail.

I'm a lot closer, but sadly no time available for such a tour... Yet!

Thanks for the time taken to post....

We spent a week with the Wandering Hedgehog in Croatia on the way down to Greece - have to say that I would definitely go back there again. Montenegro looks equally stunning but only shot through there so didn't get a chance to see it proper......only the coast road. There is some Croatia stuff on our FB group "Wandering Hedgehog" - feel free to join and poke about

I've got quite a few friends who head of to Slovenia for the Soca river for white water kayaking and canoeing; always looks a great bit of country.

Quite brave with no breakdown cover..........the older you get. I used to go to the west coast of Ireland in the early 70's in an old Land Rover. I never even thought of breakdown cover. I'm not sure if you could even get breakdown cover then other than being in the RAC or AA. Things were different anyway and if you did break down there was always someone willing to help. I did overturn and ended up slowly sinking into a bog but somebody stopped and drove 20 miles to the nearest garage and a huge army lorry arrived and lifted the LR out. Paradoxically the more remote you are the more help seams to be available.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We spent a week with the Wandering Hedgehog in Croatia on the way down to Greece - have to say that I would definitely go back there again. Montenegro looks equally stunning but only shot through there so didn't get a chance to see it proper......only the coast road. There is some Croatia stuff on our FB group "Wandering Hedgehog" - feel free to join and poke about

Will do Steve :thumbup:

<<By the way, if you wanted to do the Montenegro Tour you meet Marcin in Mako, Hungary (but could just as easily meet him in Serbia if you prefer), and the Montenegro bit is 8/9 days as I said, well worth it and for you an easy spot to get to!).>>
(Still can't work these quote thingies)

Cheers for the info Mike :thumbup:

Back