Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HDT mods for more power?

Lots of people use charge coolers they have more parts to them. They work by water cooling the charge not the air like a intercooler. You do need a water rad, pump, charge cooler and hoses. To be fair if you google them with landcruiser in it as well you will find lots out about them.

Stu

Ah, I didn't realise you meant a water to air intercooler.

I'd rather just run two pipes for an air to air intercooler than find places to mount the extra radiator and water pump. It would be optimum from a gas flow perspective though.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane/Andy,

For setting the boost I will use a manual boost controller that I have spare. They are easy to fit and only take seconds to adjust.

Shane/Andy,

For setting the boost I will use a manual boost controller that I have spare. They are easy to fit and only take seconds to adjust.

Be careful with what boost controller you get... The spring valve one's aren't as effective as others. This is because as the pressure builds it leaks and you have the same boost leak problem like the standard unit. The washer trick Shayne method essentially tightens up the OEM boost actuator so it takes more pressure before opening. More effective as it's stable and creates less boost leak. Of course, down side is less control over actual pressure...

Be careful with what boost controller you get... The spring valve one's aren't as effective as others. This is because as the pressure builds it leaks and you have the same boost leak problem like the standard unit. The washer trick Shayne method essentially tightens up the OEM boost actuator so it takes more pressure before opening. More effective as it's stable and creates less boost leak. Of course, down side is less control over actual pressure...

Correct, you want a blocker boost controller rather than a bleeder.

This is the fella and as you can see it's not a bleeder :)

72dc92fb2d66c6304ca0838a039db296.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back