Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not working/No power

TFK3221

Country Flag
malaysia
Does anyone know why the power port doesn’t work, the one on the left is not working but the right is working.

(Picture is just for reference not my car)

Attachments

• IMG_8662.jpeg
    IMG_8662.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 18
Either bad connection behind the panel or they may on different fuses. IIRC there is a power outlet fuse in the under bonnet fusebox.

If you have a voltmeter you could measure between the good and bad one - that way you can tell if the issue is with the positive or negative connection.

Cigarette lighter plugs and sockets are crappy connectors so could just be different wear/tolerances on either one.

This fuse box right? Which of these are the fuse for the cigarette lighter?

Attachments

• 1000074247.jpeg
    1000074247.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 18
Okay thank you so much for your help, if let’s say both of the fuses are good.

Does it mean the cigarette lighter outlet is bad? If so what can i do

You really need to check if it's wiring or the connector. Even just a random car bulb with some wires will do.

I'd start by getting that panel off (think you have to remove the trim around the gear levers and working up), then get the wires off the connector, hook your bulb or voltmeter to them (doesn't matter which way round). If the bulb lights it's the connector and you can get a new one from a spares site.

If it's the connections then it will either need:
- working back through the loom connections to find the broken wire, or
- simply safely abandoning the connections and run new ones splicing into the working cigar plug's wiring.

Remember that the right hand one has an additional connection near its face for illumination you can safely ignore.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The power outlets themselves have a fusible link built into them so test for continuity between the feed terminal on the back and the centre contact inside the outlet. Mine had blown in the front outlet and the one in the boot, I took the easy and possibly stupid option of soldering a piece of wire in place of the link. The link just looks like a 10mm long piece of wire bent 90 degrees
between terminals on the back.

fusible lik cigarette lighter.jpg

Attachments

• fusible link 2.jpg
    fusible link 2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back