Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A late summer bbq meeting ?

Good for me be great to meet a few people from here as I always seem to miss the other meets

Stumog: so how are you placed on the venue option.. should I be looking and making reservations, or is the patch of land on the gower still on the cards ?

I will know more next weekend when I go and have a meeting with the land owner. Going to have a go around the site properly as well. I have had a quick once round and it looks great. I dont seem to be able to post pictures but if you send me your email I can send some of the views if you like and you could post.
Stu

DSC_0262.JPG

DSC_0263.JPG

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0266.JPG

And here we have some pics, place looks quite nice!

Nice if it comes with sunshine Stu.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi,

I was thinking the 26 + 27th Sept - kids back in school, and its not really cold as yet. That also gives space for the Romania and Ireland trips. And the Morocco headed folks can air out their kit.

the Gower is a bit further west that I had thought initially, but I've never been there before and it looks like a good spot.
I'm interested in this, but the dates clash with this http://www.adventureoverlandshow.com/ which I was also hoping to attend.

I think there might be a few people interested in attending the Adventure Overland Show..... Maybe look a for another date?

Other than last year it was utter crap. I went for three days, could have done in an hour. Many exhibitors didn't even turn up. Year before it was growing but everyone moaned about the organiser and I think it really struggled. Now if a bunch of us go, circle the wagons and make a weekend out of it that's fine. But if you are going for the show, I wouldn't rush.

I am esy on where we go if we just want camping and so a nice fire there is this campsite which you can have open fires and nice views.
http://beechesfarmcampsite.co.uk/
The outdoor show sounds good also.

does Tony have anything planed for later in the year?

Looks like another good option stu.

Chris, thats a great idea too. I am up for camping close enough to the overland show that we can roll over as a group for a bit. And largely do our own thing through the weekend.

Dylan, the challenge with alternative dates is : not many weekends on offer once you take in consideration the other club trips etc and the cold weather creeping up.

There's camping at the show right next to the show ground but we would need to wangle parking together
Tried last year
Best thing is all meet up then arrive at the car park in convoy

That's if we went to the show of course

If we went to the show could we not book an area for us all

Nah. It doesn't work like that. They have cider drinking, roll up smoking tramps on the gate who struggle with even the basic grasp of breathing unaided so when you say can I park over in that clear bit because there are some others coming and we want to be together - in their mind that translates to "I want to take you booze and fags off you" I've tried it two years running and it's more than they can cope with. Trying to actually book a space with the organiser - well we can try, but I wouldn't hold out much more hope than talking to his minions. But let's be careful not to split the thread here. There is the show and a gathering. Unless we make the show THE gathering which I don't think is the idea.

If its the same place as last year couldn't you cordon off the top right corner of the camp field from the Landrover masses , it would take about 6 trucks arriving early and would mean a fair walk to the beer tent but iirc there was was space to spare up there last year probably for the same reason .

Like I said. The parking hobos, just put you in line one after the other. It's as much as they can manage. We could wait til they go for more cider at bed time and all move. The other thing we could do is apply for club stand like the Vdub guys do and be INSIDE the enclosure.

The other thing we could do is apply for club stand like the Vdub guys do and be INSIDE the enclosure.
Most likely to be the more sucessful option. Who wouldn't want to admire our LCs?

Chris - Regarding your earlier comment as to being able to get around the show in a short period of time. I know what you mean, I treat it more like a gathering of trucks and like minded people, and seem to spend most of my time chatting to folk that I know. So it's a bit of a social event for me as well.

If we did organise ourselves into a club spot/stand all forum members would be able to find the fellow members and their trucks, as oppose to hanging around the LCs in the camp ground hoping that the owner returns.

As its an 'all makes' overland show I'll continue to support it while its still in its early years. Better than the only option being LR shows.

GOK - Sorry I didn't mean to disrupt your thread, just thought the date clash needed mentioning.

It would need to be a big stand to be fair anybody know the organisers?

Scott, no worries. Looks like there is a plan coming together.

As long as we can get a bbq going and beers, it's good. The wider aim is really to get together.

I should maybe change my nick here to my name...

- KB

Well it isn't a stand really Stu, it's a sort of jamboree. All the people in the 'club' park inside the show enclosure in a massive encampment and those people with an interest in that marque wander down and poke about whilst people are having their tea and chat bollox. So we'd be right well in there really. It'd be Cruiser club.net and we'd all cosy up together whilst 'other' people walk past and spat as us. Ha ha. I think it would be pretty cool. JV has a couple of customers on his stand and was complaining last year that all people wanted to do was oggle them and talk about all the bolt on bits. We we could do that for bloomin hours and get a beer in. We'd certainly drag in a few new members to I reckon. Handy if we had someone with access to the net so we could show people the website. Or maybe have a dummy demo running on a loop.

Back