Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 2004 100 Series

How strange - let us know if you find out what happened. Maybe their customs paperwork had a problem, but they usually get it spot on. Other possibility is customs is backlogged (like everything else) and are just throwing stuff back to get rid of it.

If it got to UK customs you should have received a letter/bill requesting payment before delivery.
I had this when I bought some motorbike seats from the US. They got to the UK and sat there until they were returned back to the US. They were sent back again and the same happened again and they were once again returned.
At the third attempt I intercepted them as they came in and got the letter/bill posted and got them a couple of days later. This process took just over a year and was entirely down to the incompetence of Royal mail/ parcel force.

At the third attempt I intercepted them as they came in and got the letter/bill posted and got them a couple of days later. This process took just over a year and was entirely down to the incompetence of Royal mail/ parcel force.

Thank you - when you say you intercepted them can you clarify what process you employed, please? i have had no letter/bill from customs. to be fair at this point i might request a refund and just cough the extra and buy the locker from roughtrax. incompentence by post office - i am not at all surprised. shame as i remember it being a decent enough service many decades back.

I think you need to get the tracking number and keep actively watching it while it's in customs. You can phone parcel force up if they're handling the UK side (it's usually them) and they will let you know if there's a customs charge pending even before it appears in the tracking, then you can pay it and get the parcel on its way. Once they start sending letters in the post and you're waiting for that, depending on your local post you might miss the window to pay it and the parcel gets kicked back

ok thanks, that makes sense. i am now waiting for amayama to confirm that it is back in their parts warehouse in uae so hopefully i can go for round two

Hmmm I was about to order one and some bits.... maybe I'll look for another solution...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
just paid for shipping this time with DHL so hopefully things will run more smoothly this time. originally we used their cheaper shipping solution.

seems to be working much better. just set delivery with dhl and paid for import duty and vat £110.7 - so still a fair bit cheaper than buying via roughtraxx. delivery should be by tuesday

Last edited:
Just arranging insurance. NFU came in at £200 a year cheaper than A flux for me. Also they answer the phone and not getting put on hold for an hour was nice as well.

Replaced front brake pads. would have been better if i had started 30 minutes earlier. ended up making a makeshift tent to finish the job off when the heavens opened.

Wasn’t happy with the new front brake pads. they came with the car when i collected it - i found them in a cubby in the load area at the back. appears a little oil or hydraulic fluid or something has been weeping into there, so i shall have to investigate that. anyway, long story short, the brakes did not feel great after changing the pads. I really leaned on them on some of the hills around here that resulted in lots of smoke coming off the pads. so i suspect some oil contamination. i took them off after about 10 miles and swapped in some Toyota ones i had on the shelf and brakes are now back to normal again, and the other pads have gone into the bin.

Reactions: uHu
Gravity bled front brakes., ordered set of front brake pads for the shelf, one new brake pad slide pin (to replace a bolt that was fitted at some time in it's past), 2 of the wires that stop the slide pins coming out, and one bottom wire clip that was missing drivers side front.

Last edited:
Gave the old girl a quick wash and then another polish for good measure.
IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

Is that a genuine wheel carrier on the back? Been considering doing that vs an aftermarket bumper

Back